Neck Snap Skill Help

Agent HUNK

Reaction score
Yep, I need skill help again I know, I'm being a pest and all, but for each problem solved it's something I don't ask again as I learned what to do. :thup:

Anyways, I have a skill that's only supposed to work if the unit is stunned. If not, then the caster moves to his own position and the spell isn't cast. If the target IS stunned, then the caster "snaps his neck" and instantly kills him.

Now, here's where I got my problem, if I have the checking trigger where if it checks if the targeted unit is stunned equal to false, it should stop. However, for some reason, it ignores the stunned part and I can never cast it no matter what.

===EVENTS===

Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

===CONDITIONS===

(Ability being cast) Equal to Neck Snap
((Target unit of ability being cast) is Stunned) Equal to False

===ACTIONS===

Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Move To (Position of (Casting unit))

Ok, now then, as for the second trigger, it's supposed to check if the targeted unit is stunned. If it is, it's supposed to kill it. However, because of the above trigger, I can never cast it, and if I remove the above trigger, I can cast it whenever, and when I do cast it, it freezes Warcraft III.

===EVENTS===

Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability

===CONDITIONS===

((Target unit of ability being cast) is Stunned) Equal to True

===ACTIONS===

Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 99999.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal (This is done to make sure the kill is attributed to the caster.)

So, I'm wondering if anyone would still be willing to help with my World Editor woes.

Thank you for your time,

Agent HUNK.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
Code:
Events
 Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability

Conditions

Actions
 If/Then/Else
 IF: ((Target unit of ability being cast) is Stunned) Equal to True
 THEN: Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 99999.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal (This is done to make sure the kill is attributed to the caster.)
 ELSE: Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Stop

I haven't touched the world editor in a very long time so I might've made a mistake, but that's how I would do it.

BarzahdX

Reaction score
Easy, you have one slight fault.

Make a "Order (triggering unit) to Stop" right before you move it.. Also, it'd probably be best to fuse those two into one if/then/else trigger, it'll likely make the transaction smoother.

EDIT: :( I was too late.. Use his trigger, except add the Move action after the Stop action.

Agent HUNK

Reaction score
It still doesn't work. It seems to constantly think the unit isn't stunned, thus, it never gets cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.