Need help configuring AceHart's save/load code

a j j bones

Reaction score
i am trying to use aceharts save/load code system (it is in the systems section) and it says to do a whole bunch of stuff that i dont understand :D. i imported all the triggers and stuff but the only thing i edited was the hereos. when i type save it gives me a code but when i load it only says some lines from the trigger, not the actual code. can someone help me configure this to make it work. thanks a ton.

Code:
SaveLoad Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- List of Heroes --------
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[1] = Blood Elf Pheonix Archer
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[2] = Blood Elf Crusader
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[3] = Bloodelf Paladin
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[4] = Hero Crusader
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[5] = Blood Elf Warrior
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[6] = Blood Elf Guard
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[7] = Chaos Orc Bowman
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[8] = Death Knight
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[9] = Felhound Rider
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[10] = Gnome Warlock
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[11] = Draconion Spear Thrower
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[12] = Draconion Witch Hunter
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[13] = Draconion Zealot
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes[14] = Shadow Assasin
        -------- Number of Heroes --------
        Set SaveLoad_Heroes_LastIndex = 14
        -------- List of Items --------
        Set SaveLoad_Items[1] = Claws of Attack +15
        Set SaveLoad_Items[2] = Cheese
        Set SaveLoad_Items[3] = Wand of Lightning Shield
        Set SaveLoad_Items[4] = Magic Key Chain
        -------- Number of Items --------
        Set SaveLoad_Items_LastIndex = 4
        -------- List of Abilities --------
        Set SaveLoad_Abilities[1] = Banish
        Set SaveLoad_Abilities[2] = Flame Strike
        Set SaveLoad_Abilities[3] = Phoenix
        Set SaveLoad_Abilities[4] = Siphon Mana
        -------- Number of Abilities --------
        Set SaveLoad_Abilities_LastIndex = 4
        -------- These three lines may be changed if needed --------
        Set SaveLoad_Alphabet = ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
        Set SaveLoad_CaseSensitive = False
        Set SaveLoad_UsePlayername = True
        -------- Required: false --------
        Set SaveLoad_Initialized = False
        -------- Leave as is. Used to autocreate variables when copy & pasting to a new map --------
        Set Code = AceHart
        Set Save[1] = 0
        Set SaveCount = 1
        Set Validate = False
        Set SaveLoad_Compress[1] = 0
        Set SaveLoad_Uncompress[1] = 0

Code:
SaveLoad Save
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -save as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        -------- Those values need saving --------
        Set Save[1] = 123
        Set Save[2] = 456
        Set Save[3] = 7890
        -------- The number of values we have --------
        Set SaveCount = 3
        -------- Turn values into code --------
        Custom script:   set udg_Code = SaveLoad_Encode()
        -------- Show code to player --------
        Quest - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the Secret message: Your code:
        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) for 60.00 seconds the text: Code

Code:
SaveLoad Load
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -load  as A substring
        Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -load  as A substring
        Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -load  as A substring
        Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -load  as A substring
    Conditions
        (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 6)) Equal to (Matched chat string)
        (Length of (Entered chat string)) Greater than 6
    Actions
        -------- Try to decode what was typed --------
        Set Code = (Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))
        Custom script:   set udg_Validate = SaveLoad_Decode( udg_Code )
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Validate Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                -------- It worked, let's do something with it --------
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to SaveCount, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: (Decode:  + (String(Save[(Integer A)])))
            Else - Actions
                -------- Invalid code --------
                Game - Display to (Player group((Triggering player))) the text: There's some error ...

a j j bones

Reaction score
ok thanks ill do that in like 15 mins cause i gotta go do somthin real fast

ill tell ya if it works

a j j bones

Reaction score
yea i know but im just tellin you so you arent waiting for a reply :)

so i just copy the hero version into my map and i dont have to edit anything?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
You probably want a different Hero list.
Though, it will work too if your Hero isn't in that list...

Anyway, why don't you just try it?

a j j bones

Reaction score
i did, and it worked as far as i can tell, i just need to change the region they load to and it should all be workin

thanks for the help :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.