Need help creating a guard spell

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a spell that works similarly to spirit link, just one way and not both. Essentially what I want the spell to do would be for a tank-like hero to use the spell "Guard" on a nearby friendly unit and the tank would take 50% of the targeted unit's damage for 10 seconds. The only stipulation would be that if during that time the tank is guarding the targeted unit the tank is attacked, I WOULD NOT want the guarded unit to take 50% of the damage that the tank is receiving - I want the tank to take full damage. I've kind of come to brick wall here and am in need of some direction. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Jagan

Reaction score
You'll need a trigger to check when a unit with the buff from the Guard ability takes damage before calculating the damage taken/2 and then finally applying to the caster of the Guard ability.

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
I guess I should have been a little bit more specific with my post. I understand how it should work, but knowing and doing are a bit different, and as far as the doing part I am quite incompetent. I hate to be a bother, but could you show me how that might work?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.