need help making quests

xlukee

Reaction score
h im curently having my first go at makinga quest for my new map, and i need a little bit of help, if any1 knows a very easy way to create a unit killing quest that would be great.

this is what i have so far;

Quest Start :

Events
Unit - A unit comes within 150.00 of Quest Giver 0043 <gen>
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Or - Any (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
(Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
Actions
Special Effect - Destroy QuestEffect[1]
Quest - Create a Optional quest titled First Hunt with the description Hunt 5 Skeletal War..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOrcBattleStandard.blp
Set Quest[1] = (Last created quest)
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Quest

Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Skeletal Warrior
Actions
Set SkeletalWarriorKills = (SkeletalWarriorKills + 1)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
SkeletalWarriorKills Equal to 5
Then - Actions
Quest - Display to (i only want to display the message to the player who started the quest can somone tell me how to do that ) the Quest Completed message: ((Name of (Triggering player)) + you have successfully completed the 'First Hunt' Quest, Reward : 500 exp)
Quest - Mark Quest[1] as Completed
Else - Actions

if this is correct please tell me, or if there is an easier way, also i would liek to know how i can only display the message to the player who started the quest. can somone please tell me how to do that.

Theres nothing wrong with the trigger, i just need to know how to display the message to the owner of the player, so they know that they have finished the quest, or else they have to keep clicking the quest tab at the top .

istar

Reaction score
yea, game display message is irritating that it only display to player groups
for me, i bypass this problem by making a speech group, i only add players into the group when i need, then display msg, then i remove them from group
you may want to make
Code:
SkeletalWarriorKills Equal to 5
more than or equal to 5 instead, as some skills like splash may kill 2 at a time, and it wont be equal to 5

Redeamed

Reaction score
theres an option in player groups that allows you to convert player to player group and it will read something like Display message to (player group(playerx)) ...x of course being whatever player number you choose.

istar

Reaction score
eh, the speech group i am referring is just a playergroup
i add the triggeringplayer to the playergroup
display msg to group
remove player from group

i use the same player group for all message
its annoying that there is no display msg to single player function in GUI that i have to resort to this, kinda stupid

Redeamed

Reaction score
yes you can...whe you go to display the message it say dis play message to then when you select player group go to convert player to player group and triggering player should work for this particular situation and it will read.

display to (player group(triggering player)) the text: whatever your text is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.