Need help triggering 2 Paladin spells

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
Ok these are the two spells.

1. Holy Light(3 ranks, based on Holy Light) Works very much like Omniknight's heal except any enemies near the healed target only take half damage of the max amount of what the spell heals. I can trigger for the spell to do damage in an AoE around the target but the damage stays the same for all 3 ranks and i want the damage to scale depending on the rank of the spell.

2. Martyrdom(1 rank, based on Resurrection) Works the same as resurrection but should the paladin not be able to resurrect due to lack of mana or cd when he dies i want him to deal damage to all enemies and heal all allies for the same amount in a 500 AoE. I can get the damage down but the healing is giving me a bit of trouble. Also some cool holy nova like graphics would be cool too. The Paladin would obviously have to have Martyrdom for this spell to proc as well.

I can only use GUI and am not extremely well versed on how to use it so put it into idiot terms for me. Thanks in advance.:)

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here's the first spell. Second one is easy as well.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing ((Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit)))) / 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Also second spell I think you meant it is supposed to be based on Reincarnation?

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Here's the first spell. Second one is easy as well.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing ((Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit)))) / 2.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Also second spell I think you meant it is supposed to be based on Reincarnation?

Not quite, that deals Level / 2, so if the level is 1 it deals 0.5 damage :nuts:

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The idea was:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing ((Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit)))) x 50.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

I am using level x 50 because I'm assuming your heal scales like (100/200/300) so multiply by half of the scaling value.

kaboo

Reaction score
Ok these are the two spells.

1. Holy Light(3 ranks, based on Holy Light) Works very much like Omniknight's heal except any enemies near the healed target only take half damage of the max amount of what the spell heals. I can trigger for the spell to do damage in an AoE around the target but the damage stays the same for all 3 ranks and i want the damage to scale depending on the rank of the spell.

2. Martyrdom(1 rank, based on Resurrection) Works the same as resurrection but should the paladin not be able to resurrect due to lack of mana or cd when he dies i want him to deal damage to all enemies and heal all allies for the same amount in a 500 AoE. I can get the damage down but the healing is giving me a bit of trouble. Also some cool holy nova like graphics would be cool too. The Paladin would obviously have to have Martyrdom for this spell to proc as well.

I can only use GUI and am not extremely well versed on how to use it so put it into idiot terms for me. Thanks in advance.:)

for the first use tyrulans method
for second, if you managed to damage enemies then to heal you just need to pick all allies of caster instead of enemies and deal them -xxx damage or just set life of picked unit to its life +xxx

Teach101

Reaction score
The idea was:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Center of (Playable map area)), dealing ((Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit)))) x 50.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

I am using level x 50 because I'm assuming your heal scales like (100/200/300) so multiply by half of the scaling value.

Leaks. Gotta take all the units in the area and put them in a group, then pick all the units in said group and damage them. After all that is done destroy the group via a custom script. :thup: Also got to destroy the point you used to find the units in the area.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
Leaks. Gotta take all the units in the area and put them in a group, then pick all the units in said group and damage them. After all that is done destroy the group via a custom script. :thup: Also got to destroy the point you used to find the units in the area.

Also, using Damage Area causes damage to all units, regardless of team.

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
Ok here is what I've got for both spells. Holy light looks to be finished and leak free. Martydom works correctly except I can't seem to find out how to get the trigger to check to see if the Paladin has Martyrdom when he dies...because if he dies and the trigger procs and he doesn't have the spell then it kind of defeats the purpose of having it at all...anyways here are the two spells.

Holy Light
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Light
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Level of Holy Light for (Triggering unit)))) x 50.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Martyrdom
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Thoughts?

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you want to check if the Paladin has matyrdom, just add this integer comparisson:

Trigger:
  • Integer - Level of (Matyrdom) for (Triggering Unit) Greater than 0

AbsoIuteZero

Reaction score
Thanks very much to everyone who helped! Both my spells are working well now(i think) and my knowledge of the editor went up just a little bit. + Rep to everyone who helped me. :D

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks very much to everyone who helped! Both my spells are working well now(i think) and my knowledge of the editor went up just a little bit. + Rep to everyone who helped me. :D

Send a Private Message in my way if you need anymore help with it.

Teach101

Reaction score

Your still leaking. You have two types of possible leaks in your spells. You have to set a variable where the unit casted spell then refer to the variable in the action, then use a custom script saying: call RemoveLocation(udg_Varname)
Then for the damaging units, they must always be put in groups, and you have to destroy the group using: call DestroyGroup(udg_Varname)
Set group by using a variable.

I'm sure you still have questions, but I'm busy atm, and will explain later, if need be.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.