Need help with bounty

Swiftblaze

Reaction score
I've just started my first map a scant week ago so I guess you could call me a noob. Well, I need help with the bounty. How would I set it so that a player gets bounty when they kill a unit? Is it a trigger, or something I do in the unit editor? Any help is appreciated.

D

DarthTyranus

an easy method is to set the point value to the units bounty and then make a trigger

Event - Unit Dies
Condition - None
Action - Add property (point value of dying unit) to (onwer of triggering unit's current gold)

BrokenX

Reaction score
I don't think add properties to own of triggering unit will work, try (owner of (Killing unit)

BrokenX

D

DarthTyranus

oops

change the (owner of trigger units gold)
to (owner of killing unit's gold)

Otherwise, you will get gold every time one of your units dies! :D

V

ViralGuard

Or you can do it in unit editor:), but i guess i don't have to tell you how now that u already done it with trigger:)

S

Senkin

There are other ways too, if you want another way just ask again in this thread and I can tell ya another one.

M

Marksman

Well...you could do it with a trigger. But it's so much easier to change it in the object editor like viral guard said. Here's a little more specific:
Marksman said:
Ok, you should see three settings under object editor
Stats-Gold Bounty Awarded-base : this is the amount of base gold given when a unit is killed

Stat-Gold Bounty Awarded-number of dice : This is used to make the range in which a killed unit can give gold, sets number of dice being rolled

Stat-Gold Bounty Awarded-sides per dice : Other setting used to make a gold given range, gives the number of sides on each of the rolled dice

Example: Base set to 5
number of dice set to 4
sides per dice set to 6

So when you kill the unit, the game will take 5 gold, then roll a 6 sided die 4 times and add that amount to the gold. So the range of possible gold is from 9 (5+ 1 times 4) to 29 (5+ 6 time 4). Now, if you want the unit to give a static amount, set the base gold, and put number of dice and sides per dice at 0.
That way you aren't bogged with so many triggers and such.

P

pappy

bounty

just turn bounty on for the players you want to be giving the bounty :)

Z

Zero R.

^...using Triggers.

Player - Turn [Player Flag, which, in this case, is Bounty] On for [Player here].

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
I've got a nice Jass script for deluxe bounty animations,
features:

- uses the bounty gold animation
- shows the bounty value in the color of the killing player
- ignores dummy units
- can be turned on/off by typing a "-bounty" message
- runs faster than GUI triggered bounty

I submitted it to the free triggers zone a few weeks before thehelpers broke down. If you're interested, I'll post it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.