Need help with movement system

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
ok so i am working on this idea for a custom map but i need help with the movement system. I have asked for help about this before but i didn't really understand what they meant.

Here is the thing, i want a way to move my units in the same way that a queen moves in
chess but i want to be able to limit the amount of squares that units move (one for example might be able to move 2 squares while another might be able to move 5 squares)

the squares have regions in them and i would like for the unit to auromatically move to the center of the region when it enter it ( i thought of maybe using blink to move between the squares but i don't know, if anyone knows a better way to do it then feel free to say how).

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
What sort of tiles are you using for squares? The closest I can think of without making an actual grid is that units can't normally move, but they have an ability that targets a point. When the ability is cast, you check if the targeted point is within a grid in a straight line of the unit's current position.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.