Need unique skill-based ability ideas!

substance

Reaction score
TEAMCTF2.gif

I come to you guys because i'm in need of ability and item ideas for my project. In short, it's a CTF map with a futuristic theme and will work heavily with a physics engine. Here are my heroes(classes) so far:

1. Medic
  2. Engineer
  3. Cyborg
  4. Marine
  5. Gunner
  6. Recon

So what I'm looking for are ability that are skill-based, meaning no 'point and click to deal 800 damage'. Abilites should require prediction (like pudge hook) or timing or will work in synergy with eachother. I'm also looking for combo abilities, for example one unit drenches an enemy unit in gasoline which slows the enemy unit and if an ally unit attacks him with a flamethrower then it does extra damage because he's drenched in a flamable liquid. Also any crazy ideas involving physics are welcome too.

**Here's a updated screenshot of the classes to give you a better idea of the universe.
Here's a list of a few concept ideas I had :

Cyborg:

Skill 1 - EMP Gernade - Disables any enemy electronics in the blast radius for XX seconds. (lasers, sentry guns, alarms etc.)
Skill 2 - Timed Kamikaze - When triggered it starts a countown of XX seconds in which during that time the Cyborg and any friendly nearby teamates gain an exponetial armor boost. At the end of the countdown the Cyborg self destructs causing damage to any nearby enemy units.
Skill 3 - Thowing arm - throws the closest unit, friendly or foe.
Ultimate - Plasmabomb - The Cyborg lays a plasma bomb, the bomb blows up after XX seconds doing a medium amount of damage in a large radius.
Engineer:

Skill 1 - Sentry Gun - Creates a static gun. This gun can be upgrades twice, becoming more powerfull and versatile with every upgrade. Only one sentry gun can be on the playing field at a time.
Skill 2 - Jump Pack - The Engineer ignights small explosives in his boots, allowing him to leap a great distance. The impact from where he lands slows all units in range for XX seconds.
Skill 3 - EMP Shield - The engineer creates a small field around a chosen electronic unit giving that unit a small armor increase and protects that unit from EMP damage.
Ultimate - Magnotron Spin - Starts to to spin so fact that he sucks in units and damages them with his axe. The longer he spins the more powerull the effect. Drains X mana per second.
Gunner:
DEFAULT SKILL Alarm - Places a alarm that when triggered by the enemy will sound off, and also visual confirmation of that unit. Lasts XX seconds.Crippling

Skill 1 - Mega Chaingun - The most powerful weapon in the game. Works like a short-range chaingun. This skill must be aimed.
Skill 2 - Flag Buff (name?) - Gives the gunner a insane armor and damage buff when fighting close to his flag.
Skill 3 - Shrapnel Gernade - Throws a grenade that, on impact, sends small pieces of shrapnel in random directions. Hits teamates.
Ultimate - Laser - The gunner puts down a laser that extends in a direction untill it hits a wall. Any unit that touches the laser will lose XX health.
Marine:
DEFAULT SKILL - Proximinty Mine - Essentially a goblin land mine (only it's visible).

Skill 1 - Frag Grenade -
Skill 2 - some kind of team ability -
Skill 3 - Rocket Jump - Marine shoots a rocket at his feet, doing damage to ANY unit in an area around himself and propelling the Marine in the air towards the direction chosen.
Ultimate - Guided EMP missle(name?) -
Recon:
DEFAULT SKILL - Flag Buff(name?) - PASSIVE, Makes the recon immune to the flag's 'feriyu fire' effect meaning there is no 11% movement speed debuff and the enemy doesnt have truesight of you

Skill 1 - Concussion Grenade - Grenade that blows up and moves people around.
Skill 2 - Reconassance Shell - Gives the recon a armor bonus at the cost of movement speed. At higher levels protects from 'spells'.
Skill 3 - Jump - allows the recon to jetpack boost, higher levels means higher boosts.
Ultimate - Fly? - Allows the recon to fly for a short duration.
Combat Medic:
DEFAULT SKILL - attack/heal - When the medic attacks enemies it poisons them, losing 1% of their total HP for a duration based on the medic's level. When the medic attacks allies it will heal the ally in the amount of the medic damage. the healing stuff stays on the ally, healing them for 1% of their max HP for a duration based on the medic's level.

Skill 1 - Flash Grenade - When it blows it blinds enemies for a duration based on the distance the enemy is from the grenade.
Skill 2 - overflow leak - A simple DoT but instead of just losign the HP, the enemy leaks it in the form of overflow balls. Anyone but the leaker can pick up the balls.
Skill 3 - bio mechanics - does something to mechanical units only. when used on the sentry gun it will make it a bio sentry gun.
Ultimate - overflow - Heals the target based on the target's current HP. any additional healage beyond that unit's max HP will be leaked. EXAMPLE : a unit has his max amount of HP which is 100. the medic heals him for his current HP which is 100 but he is already full so that 100 will form as leakage.
Ultimate - spellbook injection - pick from 6 injection types. speed, armor, regen, etc.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I'm positive you can post your current ability ideas on this topic, instead of forcing us to go to your clan's website.

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
o_O General_Frank's models I see.

Polarity Barrier
Creates a linear (as in a line/wall, not a sphere) barrier at target point facing the same way the hero is. The next unit to run into the barrier will be propelled off it at great speed as though the barrier acted as a pinball flipper.

Essentially just launching the unit up/back in the direction of the complimentary angle to the angle between the unit and the barrier.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.