Needing a Partner for a Arena Map

sionts

Reaction score
Im looking for a partner who is experienced with map making,

The map im working on is called "Hero Team Arena".

Overview:

-Teams will require team work to fend of Creeps
-Tactics and Team Strategy will be required.
-This Map won't have Tomes instead, Class Based items will be available for heroes.
-Spellbooks are sold at shops. The spellbooks gives abilities to certain classes.
-classes are based on the players skill and play style, to become an asset to their team victory.
-Limit to certain items. (2 rings, 2 necklaces and 1 weapon)

Classes:

-Warrior (Tank for absorbign damage and protecting casters)
-Mage (Mages are powerful in damaging multiple targets)
-Paladin (Support Hero class)
-Knight/Death Knight (Tank and also a support Hero class)
-Summoner (Caster type hero, that summon units to support the team)
-Bountey Hunter (Heros that are adept in assassination and earning gold)
-Priest (Head Healer, Priests heal players who are in need of health)
-Druid (Druids are a mixture Class, consisting of changing form and healing)
-Rogue (Masters of killing individual units)
-Elemental Mage (Similar to Mage but, summons elemental units for damaging targets)

Other Class info:
-Class Quests (Many Hero Classes will recieve quests to earn an ability, Weapon or reborn as a Hero with a special quality.

Team objectives:
-20 match wins
Every 5 minutes all players will be teleported to the arena to battle. The team to reach 20 wins will claim victory.

50% of the map is done. But Greatly need help with peticular things on WE.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Hey man,

Normally I'm against arenas on principle, simply because I find it very hard to create a fair and balanced scenario without an enormous amount of effort - effort that no one seems to have expended thus far.

However, I really like the sound of your idea. If I'm not mistaken, you're going to have the levelling and fighting areas separate, and the levelling will involve killing hard creeps together, not just mopping up hundreds of small mobs, right?

Anyway, this actually sounds pretty cool and well thought out, so I'm going to offer my services conditionally. First, though, could you elaborate on what exactly you need help with? If it's terraining, I'm afraid I'm not the man for the job, but if it's any Trigger work, Object editing, or custom creep or hero design, count me in.

Still, know that I'm putting large amounts of work into my currect project, "Once upon an RPG," so if someone else volunteers who has an empty plate at the moment, you might just want to choose them.

Also, lastly, and out of curiosity, how exactly does one collaborate effectively on something like Object data? I mean, from what I've seen of the Object Editor, it's either all or nothing. You can't very easily just import units one at a time, if at all. So, if, when you say it's 50% done, you mean that Terrain and Objects are complete, for example, but you have no Triggers, that would seem a lot easier than if you've done a little bit of everything. Of course, we could always send the file back and forth, but that's obviously not the most efficient way to work.

The Hegemuffin

sionts

Reaction score
Yeap, ill be glad to help you on your map, maybe we can work 2gether for both?

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
Well, so far my map has been a pretty solo operation, mainly because I tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to these things. So, I'm not excluding you to be elitist, but simply because I think I work best alone. At the moment, Jimpy is actually helping with some of the terraining, but he's doing it as an improvement sort of job so that we can both stay out of each other's way :p.

Anyway, sorry I brought it up in the first place; I suppose it was a little egotistical of me.

The Hegemuffin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.