Neutral Building - Add Unit

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Problem status: SOLVED

When I use Neutral Building - Add Unit, it adds the unit I want it to however, I cannot use the hotkey for this unit and the text colouration doesn't appear.
The structure does have the 'Sell Unit' abiliy.

Is there any way to get around this problem?
If not, is there any way to add/remove units from one structure owned by a player? (without using enable/disable unit for player)

asipo

Reaction score
The building actually selling unit or training unit?

If its a selling unit building.
Try to check unit that being sell by neutral building in the unit editor
There is the field for this, i cant check and recall it atm
This same apply on training unit

asipo

Reaction score
I guess
He mean the text has the colour on it
eg: Inner fire skill, the "e" character is a bit yellow that represent its the shortcut key

Dest

Reaction score
I guess
He mean the text has the colour on it
eg: Inner fire skill, the "e" character is a bit yellow that represent its the shortcut key

Ah, I see. I'd bet you typed it wrong or you didn't add it.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Cake said:
Obviously, add a hotkey for the unit?
Cake said:
Ah, I see. I'd bet you typed it wrong or you didn't add it.
Erm, no... -.-

This is what I've got:
20ieyqo.jpg

2zqenx0.jpg

This is what appears:
hra2cx.jpg

And the hotkey doesn't work. At first I thought it might not work because A is the same hotkey for Attack. However, I changed it to Z and it still didn't work.
However, everything works fine if I place the unit directly into the Techtree - Units Sold section of the structure, but if I do that I cannot remove the unit and the new ones I add still don't work properly.

asipo said:
The building actually selling unit or training unit?

If its a selling unit building.
Try to check unit that being sell by neutral building in the unit editor
There is the field for this, i cant check and recall it atm
This same apply on training unit
Selling Units.
I searched for what you've said and I couldn't seem to any field like that.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
A simple question:
Did you colour it with Risc's Colorizer, or wrote down the code?

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Try adding it manually. You can copy this if you want.

|cffffcc00Research Attack Power [|rA|cffffcc00] - [|rLevel 1|cffffcc00]|r

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Take a look at these two. I can think of two things, that are preventing your strings to get the desired color.

1. NewGen
2. You wrote the code in Risc's Colorizer's field and not in the standard one.

Attachments

• Faint5.JPG
    Faint5.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Faint6.JPG
    Faint6.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 80

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
There is no problem with Risc's colourer i use it and it works perfectly
Do this
|cffffcc00Research Attack Power [|rA|cffffcc00]|r - |cffffcc00[|rLevel1|cffffcc00]|r

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Like, this is about the same as his... Except in yours is: you're tinting the "A" and "Level 1"...

asipo

Reaction score
Regarding the add new unit to the selling building

1st the building require "Sell unit" ability
Then, you can add a new unit at the building using the trigger
Trigger:
  • Action
    • Neutral Building - Add Footman to Mercenary Camp (Lordaeron Summer) 0000 <gen> with 5 in stock and a max stock of 10

However, the problem you mentioned regarding no color and shortcut occur here.
Its really happen if u using the trigger above and I don't know what is the problem and how to solve it.

But if i create the same unit copy from the footman.
And then i put the footman at the Selling building using the "Techtree - Units Sold"
Everything is work just fine. No problem with the color and the shortcut key

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
ludnica said:
Take a look at these two. I can think of two things, that are preventing your strings to get the desired color.

1. NewGen
2. You wrote the code in Risc's Colorizer's field and not in the standard one.
Yes, it does work perfectly fine when placed directly into the "Units Sold" section, but that won't help because I need to continously add/remove units are they are used for the upgrades (when the building dies the upgrades are lost - hence I am doing it this way).
Try making a custom unit then using "Neutral Building - Add Unit" and see what you get. (Make sure the building has the "Sell Units" ability).

asipo said:
However, the problem you mentioned regarding no color and shortcut occur here.
Its really happen if u using the trigger above and I don't know what is the problem and how to solve it.
Maybe I can just send a nice letter to Blizzard and ask them to patch it? :D

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Use the This
Trigger:
  • TH
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ap as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Footman Unavailable for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))
          • Player - Make Footman Available for training/construction by (Player((Integer A)))

At the start make it Unavailabe and when needed make it Available

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
That won't do what I want it to. Because, using that, it will disable it for all buildings owned by the player whereas I only want it to change it on one building.

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
An alternate choice:
You can add an ability with the same tooltip to the building. Although the quantity won't show up, the tooltip will be there, with the right hotkeys and description. When you use the ability, you can create your unit via triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.