neutral extra & victim problem

kaboo

Reaction score
yo, im trying to make those two to fight each other, but strange thing happens.
-they spawn at a point
-then get order to attack move to fight zone
-and then to enemy base
-but everytime they meet at fight zone, they only hit few times and then run back to their own base
-when they return they go back to fight zone(this part is not strange coz every unit that enters spawn is ordered to attack move to fight zone), hit for few times again and run back

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
somewhere in the gameplay constants make it so that neutral units dont return to their base after X seconds or Y range

kaboo

Reaction score
the problem must be somewhere else,
i removed spawning creeps from one side and the others run whole way to the enemy base, and then they done the same with buildings, what they did on the fight zone with other creeps

->this how does the line look like
waveg.jpg

->and here are the triggers
Trigger:
  • spawn
    • Events
      • Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Grunt blue for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of blue spawn north <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Neutral Extra and Retain color
      • Unit - Create 1 Grunt red for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of red spawn north <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Neutral Victim and Retain color

Trigger:
  • red path north 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters red spawn north <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Neutral Victim
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of red path north <gen>)

Trigger:
  • red path north 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters red path north <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Neutral Victim
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of blue base <gen>)

Trigger:
  • blue path north 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters blue spawn north <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Neutral Extra
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of blue path north <gen>)

Trigger:
  • blue path north 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters blue path north <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Neutral Extra
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of red base <gen>)

kaboo

Reaction score
any ideas? pls its the core of my map to make them follow the path correctly

kaboo

Reaction score
-after few tests, it seems like they are fleeing :) = they got to 1/2 hp and then start running :/
-anyone knows how to make them not flee?

>>> somewhere in the gameplay constants make it so that neutral units dont return to their base after X seconds or Y range
-wont this affect the neutral hostiles that are as neutrals on the map?

kaboo

Reaction score
-this fixes it a bit, now they start running when their health is at 1/10 or so :D .
-other problem is that i have set the creep guard return distance and time to max(without this they dont even start to fight), but this means that the neutral creeps will follow u forever = u can take them to your base or enemy base, etc ...

-i think this can only be solved as dota 6v6 is, anyone knows how it works?
-> 12players + 2 pc controled armies + neutrals -> thats exactly what i need

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, for the Neutral Creep problem, try making a trigger that checks when they leave their region. When they leave their region, wait 10 seconds then order them back to their original point.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
well do you incist using neutrral extra end victim? Making 2 real players that dont actually play so that AI doesnt interrupt your triggers and setting their allies should work.

Joccaren

Reaction score
If you do that you can't have a 12 PLAYER map. Not PC players, human players. like DotA 6v6.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
dota is NOT MADE USING GUI so things that work in dota are really hard to make GUI, but most likely Jass is required. Neutrals are hard to control and dota 6v6 uses most JASS to power them.

Joccaren

Reaction score
you don't really know that, most spells in DotA either don't require triggers or are easily made in GUI, same as most of the systems.
The Neutrals may not require JASS and if they do, there will almost certainly be a GUI way to do it.
Icefrog isn't the god-of-all-warcraft, able to do things we couldn't dream of. DotA may be entirely made with JASS, but if there is a simpler way to do it in GUI, I don't see why he would do that. There is no logic behind that theory.

@Kaboo: Try creating a region where they normally flee and, when a unit enters/leaves the region, if it is owned by your neutral, order it to patrol wherever you like.

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
when you learn using JASS, GUI starts looking finny and not so useful. Take the wild axes ability /two axes are thrown, spin and returned to caster/. Gui way is like terrible lag and axes make even the most precisely made angles sometimes funny, but when you use jass it looks way better. So i dont say icefrog is a god, je just has mire experience than regular editors, some ones are even better. I say that if there are some things made usung jass, and you did them by yourself, you start using mainly jass saving time while not searching in lists. Jass is mainly gui functions typed customly with some extra combination options, nithing more, but it can do many other things. However, neutrals can be hardly controlled, just takes time.

Joccaren

Reaction score
Yes, but there are many spells that don't require JASS and as you said, JASS is mostly GUI functions in custom script, making them more efficient. It can do more things, but it can't do everything. I doubt it has a way to disable Neutral behaviour for Neutral victim and Neutral Extra, I also doubt that finding a workaround to this would require JASS

kaboo

Reaction score
-i think its good that they flee after all :p ("It's wiser to dine in the morning."), it will bring a new dimension to the map :D {u fight the tower on enemy base and your creeps start fleeing} :D its funny and something i havent seen anywhere.
-and thx for the fix of real neutrals :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.