Neutral shows name?

Handless

Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone tell me how can a neutral player have a name that you can read on its units? Like when you move the cursos on its units you can see the players name..
I gave it a name and everything but the name wont show on its units..
When i make it computer it shows the name correctly, but i dont want the player to show at game lobby..

And i know it is possible since dota and campaigns use it (at least the human chapter 6 in roc, and i checked it wasnt a computer)

Help me please!

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone tell me how can a neutral player have a name that you can read on its units? Like when you move the cursos on its units you can see the players name..
I gave it a name and everything but the name wont show on its units..
When i make it computer it shows the name correctly, but i dont want the player to show at game lobby..

And i know it is possible since dota and campaigns use it (at least the human chapter 6 in roc, and i checked it wasnt a computer)
Help me please!

Then just look what they did to get it that way or read lightstalkers tut on this

Handless

Reaction score
I tried looking, i checked all the triggers and ally properties..

And about that tut, link would be appreciated..

NightFelix

Reaction score
Neutral Hostile
Hero - Yes
Normal Unit - Yes

Neutral Passive
Hero - Yes
Normal Unit - No

Is that u asking?

Handless

Reaction score
Neutral Hostile
Hero - Yes
Normal Unit - Yes

Neutral Passive
Hero - Yes
Normal Unit - No

Is that u asking?

Erm.. yes what and no what? :D

Do you mean that when you move your cursor on a neutral passive hero, it shows neutral passive but when the hero is a unit, it doesn't show it?

NightFelix

Reaction score
Erm.. yes what and no what? :D

Do you mean that when you move your cursor on a neutral passive hero, it shows neutral passive but when the hero is a unit, it doesn't show it?

ah.. yeah, but i guess u found your answer already.

Handless

Reaction score
Well its just one solution, but i think there is an easier solution too, since the campaign clearly wasnt using the one in the tutorial..

NightFelix

Reaction score
Maybe you should check what type of Controller that your campaign you mentioned the map is using. Neutral or Computer? or just Neutral Hostile/Passive?

Handless

Reaction score
It was a Zoo Animals named and it had a Neutral controller.. But maybe it was just because of it is a old RoC map?

I uploaded the map if someone wants to check it.. :eek:

Attachments

• Human06.w3m
    280.8 KB · Views: 169

NightFelix

Reaction score
My Conclusion: It really might be possible cause of RoC map. TFT need to Computer to show the name. Only the link that Gtam gave you will work for u. Goodluck! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.