New Co-Op Adventure-RPG

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Long ago, the entire world was in a golden age of prosperity, men built giant cities and roads connected every bit of the world. There was no poverty, there was no disease, but in a world of perfection, there is always evil...
Name:The Obelisk Seal
Game Type:Co-Op Adventure-RPG
Players:4
Storyline:Many years ago, the world prospered. Man built cities of iron, and paved the roads with gold. Disease was non-existent, poverty was nothing more than a word. But one young sorcerer, known as Kaviri, didn't like this perfection.He wanted to be seen as more important than anybody else. He used his magic to open a portal to a demonic plane. From there, he siphoned power from the portal, making him the most powerful entity in the world.With his new power, he destroyed the cities, turned the roads to ashes, and killed thousands of people. But right before Kaviri struck the final blow on humanity, four powerful sorcerers sacrificed their souls and bodies to create a seal, that trapped Kaviri in the demonic realm from where he drew his power. Their souls solidified into four obelisks, these obelisks are what held the seal on Kaviri's prison. If these four obelisks were destroyed, Kaviri would be released, and the world would be at his mercy once again.

Please give feedback on what you think. Thanks!:)

Here it is, the Beta (sorry for the 3 month wait, if any of you cared of course)

Attachments

• Obelisk Seal.w3x
    289.8 KB · Views: 261
U

Unknown1992

Dude that sounds awesome!!
Thats the background but what about where the players comin do they defend the obelisks or do they have to destroy them??
:D

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
I think you should make it like an 8 player game. 4 peopel have to defend the obolisks and 4 have to try adn destroy them. That way you cna be the evil people :D

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
I think you should make it like an 8 player game. 4 peopel have to defend the obolisks and 4 have to try adn destroy them. That way you cna be the evil people :D

Yes but this would make it like dota.. i think it should be just 4 people defending the oblisks or something.. bunnyburn seems to have the idea let him decide :p

U

Unknown1992

if you wear defending it would be like castle defence... sorta... im not saying its a bad thing ... i played castle defence for the first time AND I OWNED :D
still this game looks great

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
How would making 4v4 be like DotA? In DotA you have you good abse adn your evil abse and you ahev to destroy the opposing abse. In here I'd suggest going along and making an epic sized map, with the Obelisks in random spots, with the map not visible. That way you will not know if any enemy is protectign an obelisk or if someone is defending it. Further more I'd suggest that if all 4 obelisks get destroyed the evil wizard dude is released and you have to kill him XD

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
from the looks of this, how the story progresses is going to be like FFF (final fantasy forever) or an rpg from starcraft, both of them are good ^_^

from the looks of the current story, it could be you are the wizards sealing Kaviri (where the heck do you guys come out with these names @.@) or, you are trying to protect the seals from harm... but there could be that possibility that you are the ones trying to break the seals...

A simplified version of the text above

The current story line suggests that we are playing as
- Wizards trying to seal Kaviri
- Group of people trying to protect the seals
- Group of people wanting to break the seals

this could turn very intresting

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Well, this will be an rpg, it wont have a chance to lose or win, it follows a storline, things will play out as I make them, not as the player does. More info later on.

U

Unknown1992

lol
you could like make multiple endings depending on certain side quests
like different final bosses or different monster strengths and so fourth
just suggesting

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
or you could make it like that:
you make one integer-array, one field per player, called reputation.
based upon his race (Orc, human, bloodelv,...) he will get a starting reputation, and whenever the player does something wrong (kill a human, break the seal, steal some Item,...) reputation will sink, and when he does someting good reputation will get increase.

Based upon the reputation, there are
-different endings
-quest availiblity
-regions you can / cannot access
-items you gain
-skills you learn

But well this would be a completely new game...

But would be cool, though

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Obelisk Seal Beta!!!

I'm about 100% sure nobody here knows who I am, but I am back, and I have the Beta for The Obelisk Seal:
The beta is pretty darn buggy, unbalanced, and undetailed.
It is unprotected, feel free to look at the triggers.
If someone tries to steal it, I'll laugh, because their (the thiefs) rendition will be crap, because nobody knows how it will end, and how the beginning sets up for this ending.
Please reply and/or PM me on what you think, if you're gonna diss on it, don't. I'd much rather prefer constructive critisicm, 100% profanity free.

EDIT:
for some odd reason, it refuses to let me attach the game (I click on manage attachments and the button just clicks, and nothing happens) So if you want the beta, just PM me you email and I'll send it. (Cumbersome, I know)
and maybe I'm just a retard, and I'll have it attached the next time I try.
EDITASTIC:
Ok, im retarded, the beta is on the first post, enjoy!

P

PooEater

wow the beta was a lot of fun, it was pretty long too. Only problem I could see was I didnt getta pick which character i was. There's lots of funny stuff in here, gj!

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
I'm kinda sad now. I know I'm not an incredibly prestigious mapper, but 5 beta DLs, now I'm sad. At least download it so you can hate it, I'd rather be told is was horrible than told nothing at all.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Although I doubt anybody cares, the WC3 version of this game has been abandoned, and is currently being revamped and remade and an RPG Maker XP Project.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
rpg maker xp has multiplayer support? o_O

(wait.. is xp just an expression or is it like version xp or something)?

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
more people would be attracted if there were like screenshots and stuff of play.. :p

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
The game no longer is multiplayer, it's your traditional RPG.

Also, I'm not trying to attract people, I'm just letting anybody who cared (nobody?) know that this didn't exist as a WC map anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.