Other New Final Fantasy Map

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Name: Final Fantasy Flashback (FFF)
Game Type: Turn Based RPG
Players: Four
I'm trying to recreate Final Fantasy in WC3, not any one in particular, but a mix of some of them (4,6,8,9).
The game is turn based, with random battles occuring in the field.
The playable characters include:Sabin, Cyan, Dagger, Vivi, Steiner, and Cecil (Paladin). And soon to be added are: Freya, Squall, Gau (If a Rage system can be worked out), Terra, and Celes.

COMPLETION:
The game has no storyline yet, but it will be on set up so most of the FF villains can be confronted.
The Battle System is Operation, but some things, such as the randomness of enemy attacks, are still a problem.
I am having problems with size, the game is currently on a 64x64 map, but do to the battle theme, boss theme, and fanfare, is is already almost at the limit.

I am hoping for suggestions, because I'm sure a few of you are FF fans, and would like to see this game become good.
As soon as I can, I'll make a demo available.

Issues I need help with:
Biggest one are Sabin's Blitzes, I want them to include directional input, but I have no clue how to do it.
Game Size, I have no idea how to use optimizers, etc.
General Ideas, Storyline, characters you'd like to see.

MUSIC:
The Battle Theme is from FF4, The boss theme is from FF6, and the fanfare is from ff4

DEMO:
Here is a link the the FF Flashback Demo, hope you enjoy.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=468

PS:
I will not be adding Cloud to this game, so please don't even suggest it.
(He is so powerful, I could not do him justice without rigging him, Plus, people would fight over him)

Thanks, All help is appreciated!

DISCLAIMER:
This game is not stolen from Xalterax's Final Fantasy Forever (FFF), the same initials of the games are entirely coicidental.
All Final Fantasy Characters and other logos are property of Square-Enix

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Why exactly are you trying to fit this on a 64x64???
Do you mean 256x256???
Whatever =/

What about that dude that has like a gun hand, he's pro!
Barret? Is that his name?

What do you mean by rage system btw? If he attacks, he gets rage?
Because that's easy ;)

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
i dont mean it's staying on a 64X64, Ill enlarge when need be, but seeing as thats all I need right now, no need to have all that emptly space

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
My suggestion; don't add too many characters from obscure FFs (4, 5, 6, and 9 are a bit of the underplayed ones).

Secondly, make each character have a certain role;
I notice you have Squall and Cecil on that list, they could simply fulfill the same roll. Replace either Squall with Quitsis or someone. Quitsis only because of her Blue Magic.
Add a giant tanker (either Auron [You know you wanna!], Basch, or possibly Cid (FFVII).
Get some more popular characters from those FFs if you must; my suggestion go with Setzer, he's pretty unique. Or Lunith.
Vivi's nice, I like him... Most other people will too. However, are you going to arrange the abilities into spellbooks?
Most of the other characters are ok... But I suggest you scrap Sabin and add in either Zell or Wakka, those guys are cool, and mildly more popular (Zell especially). "Zell, the level 18 Chicken-Wuss has fallen."

Anyway, about your size, there's nothing that can be done about it. Absolutely nothing. I suggest remove all the songs.

And about the storyline, try for a bigger, better storyline than the current FF RPGs out there. Some villians to include: Sephiroth (But you might not depending on popularity), Seymour, Venat, Kefka, Kuja, GILGAMESH!, the Four Fiends, and have some summons. (Ifrit, Shiva, Chaos, Ultima, Doomtrain, etc.)

But a couple of problems:
1. Are you going to use custom models?
2. This is going to be a long-term project.
3. Cloud isn't that powerful. I don't think Sephiroth is that powerful, compared to Ultimecia and Kefka, just due to the fact that Sephiroth never really... accomplished anything.
Therefore, Cloud, on my standards, is probably about as powerful as Squall, Auron/Tidus (End Game), and The Warriors of Light.
What you can do, is get Cloud to as powerful as you would like, then pump up everyone else so they're on-par with Cloud.
4. Is the turn-based system going to work like the ATB system, the FFX system, or the ADB system? If for the FFX system, how are you going to calculate speed and all that? Or are you just going for a regular turn based system based on Agility?
5. Make sure you have a good amount of polish to the game; also, make sure you pay attention to the fact that Midgar isn't directly connected to Ivalice/Balamb/Spira/wherever.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
first of all, to final fantasy fans like me, who like the more classic ff games, 6 and 9 are probably there favorites, same with 4.
7 and 8 however, while good games, just didn't feel like final fantasy. 3 person party. boo
The reason I'm leaving characters from 7,8,10 out, is because in those games, the characters really had no class, you could build them up to be whatever you wanted them to be. I'm putting squall in, because he is too awesome not too, and he is nothing like cecil.
The battle system is simple, after u use a command, spell, item etc, your character is paused for 10 seconds, minus 20% of your agility, but it gets the job done. Dagger is going to have plenty of summons, along with white magic.
Setzer, Good idea, interesting things could be done with Slot.
and sabins staying, do to blitzes, if i can makem work

Sorry that this post had no structure, but I hope you can understand what I'm saying.
(And I agree cloud and seph arent that strong, but all the other ff7 fanboys will disagree.)
All in all, this game is directed more to the classic ff gamers, than the futurisic scene (7,8)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I am probably the only person that likes FF, but has no clue the numbers of the games I like :eek:
Which is the one with the kid with the tail and vivi? I love that one (especially when you do the play near the beginning, ah hahaha)

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
I am probably the only person that likes FF, but has no clue the numbers of the games I like :eek:
Which is the one with the kid with the tail and vivi? I love that one (especially when you do the play near the beginning, ah hahaha)

Final Fantasy Nine my friend, best of the Playstation Final Fantasies.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
AGREED!
I've only played the Playstation ones though, because I only recently got a play station 2 and I don't have the newer FFs anyhow =/

pheonixashes

Reaction score
I agree what you said about FFs 6 and 9... but the other ones were pretty good. Most people enjoyed FFX and FFXII, but the problem is that they were over-hyped.

Anyway, characters from 10 (except Kimahri) had a standard build; but after that, you could follow whatever path you wanted. Still, you need the pay attention to the character's base stats are in 7, 8, 10, and 12; that way you can determine what class/job they can be.
For example:
In FFX, Kimahri started off with the Build of the Dragoon class; then he could be whatever he wanted.
In FFXII (One of the worst in terms of uniqueness), Ashe had the best power with Katanas, and she had the second highest overall magic, and a good combo rate; basically, a Red Mage.
In FFVIII, Zell had the basic build of a theif; agile, quick, nimble, and a good comboer.

But, of course, design the map however you want; I'm just offering some of my opinions ^_^.

By the "Untrue" fans, I'm assuming you mean the army of FFVII Fanboys. I wouldn't say that they're "untrue," I would just say that they are "Biased beyond reckoning."
Either way, the FFVII Fanboys are gonna be mad if they see this map made, for some of these reasons:
1. Cloud and Seph aren't in the game.
2. If they are, they're too weak.
3. OMGZ Cloudz can die!

However, make sure you do a decent amount of fan service; don't bias yourself due to what you consider a "true" FF fan is, and a "untrue" FF fan is; a FF Fan is an FF Fan, no more, no less. It just depends on their preferences.
Which is why I would be happy if Gilgamesh was in there ^_^. But go on.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. It's not because I am, I'm just really sleepy.

EDIT: And Elmstfreddie, try to get FFX, it's a pretty good game, and it's only 20 bucks.
If you have the money, get FFXII, it's not as good as FFX, character-wise, but it's better, politics-wise and has a nice new feel.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Actually, sephiroth will be in the game, as for enemies, want Kefka as the main baddie, with sephy and kuja as subordinates.

pheonixashes

Reaction score
That sucks.

On another note...

Although I'm against having characters mainly from 5,6,7,8, and 9, by all means, go ahead.

However, this will require a lot of work... especially getting the battle system and all the character's abilities down.

I suggest that you don't start this until you're absolutely sure you can at least get the battle system and the characters finished without losing interest.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
I already have the battle system done, and How can I lose interest, FF is the greatest series ever made, rivaling games such as halo and The Elder Scrolls

Off Topic:
Yay im so happy, Im a huge anti-Ps3 person, and I just found out, FFXIII will be on xbox 360, GO ME, and Square kinda

pheonixashes

Reaction score
Is the source credible?

Either way, I don't care which console wins the "console wars." I just want games ^_^. But FFXIII (all three of them) will still be coming out for PS3, and Agito for Mobile phone.

And you can lose interest if you feel that if you are getting nowhere; lots of people come in here with an attitude like the one you're showing and come out saying "I'm glad I stopped that project." or "I'm too busy for it right now." or "It's getting boring."

S

shadowvzs

That sucks.

On another note...

Although I'm against having characters mainly from 5,6,7,8, and 9, by all means, go ahead.

However, this will require a lot of work... especially getting the battle system and all the character's abilities down.

I suggest that you don't start this until you're absolutely sure you can at least get the battle system and the characters finished without losing interest.

u have final fantasy modells???

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
Is the source credible?

Either way, I don't care which console wins the "console wars." I just want games ^_^. But FFXIII (all three of them) will still be coming out for PS3, and Agito for Mobile phone."

Information from FinalFantasyOnline.Com

Final Fantasy XIII Going to Xbox 360 and PS3
Sony could lose one of their biggest exclusive games for the PlayStation 3 as Square Enix has stated that Final Fantasy XIII is not yet a PS3 exclusive.

Sakaguchi Discusses Final Fantasy, Xbox 360
Sakaguchi commented that he felt the "Final Fantasy series should come to Xbox 360", stating the plan as a "wise" and sensical one.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
I have models for things that absolutely need them, (Vivi, Dagger (Jaina is just overused), and Sephiroth) I can't find it anywhere, and I'm not a modeler, but I want to find kefka.

Bunnyburn

Reaction score
A FFF Demo

Here we go, A DEMO!!!
Actually not just yet, I can't put a link to the map yet, since it hasn't been approved yet. But check the maps on the WE Tutorial Site for it, under the category Role Playing.
Note that there are bugs abound.
No Storyline yet, just what I'm using for the demo.
Feel free to look at my triggers, and tell me what you think, nice and simple, and probably poorly made, I'm no pro.
Please tell me what You want, but don't tell me what I need to fix (I know all the problems)

Enjoy.

P

PooEater

a good character to add would be Yuffie, she could take the roll of thief, as well as ninja.
BTW, when will this game be see on bnet?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.