New map problems (was: Hi, need some help)

Azedenkae

Reaction score
Six months ago I was working on a map. Then my laptop died and I had to reformat everything >.>

Recently I managed to find the file online, and worked on it again. So, as I tested it, I found out that it still have quite a number of problems unsolved >.>

Basically, I tried to make a new 'race', based on the Night Elves, but this problems arised:

1.) After starting the game, it says 'Will reveal if you don't build a tree of life in 2 minutes' or something like that. The problem is that my 'Tree of Life' is non-existent, because its replaced by another unit called 'Geant of Life' >.>

2.) My 'Geant' has a 'Create Building' ability, but it isn't needed. How can I hide/delete it?

3.) In the map, the player can choose to be either the specific race, or a normal race. When choosing a normal race and making my race as the computer, the computer will not do anything at all other than harvesting wood. I tried to go to the AI interface to make it do other things, but the options are simply no available. So how do I do this?

4.) I want this new race to be available in other maps as well. How do I export the unit data and import them into another map?

I've included the map in the attachment so that you guys can check the problem. Thanks in advance for everyone who helps ^^

robinremue

Reaction score
1. You must have a building based on tree of life/town hall/necropolis/great hall, to serve as your capital building

2. delete the ability in your object editor?

Techtree - Strctures Built Delete all the structures.

3. you'll need to write a new AI, I think or copy a melle AI of a default race to your race.

4. Object Editor --> Units --> File --> Export Unit Settings.

Azedenkae

Reaction score
1.) Already, its based on the Tree of Life.

2.) It doesn't have any structures in that option, which is why I'm confused as to what's wrong.

3.) How do you do that?

4.) I did that, but I can't import into another map. I am not sure of the specific steps... :(

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Hi all. well here's my solutions:

1. hmm very hard if it is already based off as a tree of life then I'm not sure what's wrong.

2. Get rid of its ability to do so if you cant then it will have to stay as town halls start with he ability to build.

3. You make an AI in the AI editor and then import it to your map then set the computer scripts with it. If you cant make an AI find a tutorial about one. I think there is one at home user submitted.

4. No idea.

Hope this helps

++rep is always appreciated:rolleyes:

robinremue

Reaction score
4. Well after u exported everything and saved it under a name you choose. Just open another map, got to the object editor --> units --> file --> import unit settings and import the settings u exported from the other map.

Azedenkae

Reaction score
Ok, I fixed a few of the problems, still the remaining are:

-The message of no town still appears
-The icon is still there. I still cannot find a way to remove it, although an ability should be in that place (X1, Y2)
-I made the AI thing (Thanks Ricky).

However, the problem is that my units won't build buildings, and I think its because they have to upgrade to another unit before they can start building. >.>

robinremue

Reaction score
- Just give the units you have the ability to build buildings? Seems logical :S and no way it can't work normally :s

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
For the text problem be sure that your units targeted as a Town Hall, and its classification includes Town Hall. For your AI make sure you have melee triggers enabled which in turn should make all units on the map run all triggers needed in the AI category. For Your icon be sure your unit is NOT classified as a worker. If it is it will have that icon and one in the bottom left corner (or so I believe).

T

toast

For your first problem, try changing Advanced > Gameplay Constants > Techtree to include your race. Change both the text and unit fields.

R

Ricky

Hi

Ok, I fixed a few of the problems, still the remaining are:

-The message of no town still appears
-The icon is still there. I still cannot find a way to remove it, although an ability should be in that place (X1, Y2)
-I made the AI thing (Thanks Ricky).

However, the problem is that my units won't build buildings, and I think its because they have to upgrade to another unit before they can start building. >.>

Hi~Ricky

First off: Your welcome. Right my solutions:

1. Do what toast says.

2. If you have gotten rid of all traces of that icon in its object editor check other things like trigger editor or something that might give it the icon.

3. If you give the unit you want to be able to build the ability to build these buildings then i don't know what's going wrong you could try remaking the unit (make sure you base it off as a builder)

If these things do not work then i will have to think some more. I have decided to devote most of my Sunday to helping you.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Normal AI made by Blizzard are this..

human.ai
nightelf.ai
orc.ai
undead.ai

So the only ai you have to make is the custom ones..
Reminder = They are melee, not campaign. You have to import your Custom AI Data, not like just writing name.ai on it, this only is applied on the Blizzard ai.

1> Make the classification of the unit as Town Hall or remove the Enforce Victory/Defeat Conditions.. meaning you have to make one yourself to gain victory/defeat

2> Remove all abilities that may have in the building, also remove all buildings that can be built by the building. The classification MUST not be a Worker..

Azedenkae

Reaction score
Eh, I made sure it was not worker, it doesn't have the ability, I just don't know what. ><

Maybe you guys can d/l the map and check the problems out?

denmax

Reaction score
Found: Unit Trained is also a building, they both have the same effect if it is a building..

Azedenkae

Reaction score
How do you do that?

I can't find that option...

Also, when there is not enough food, it says 'create more moonwells'. Is there a way to change this?

denmax

Reaction score
In the menu bar, there is Advanced..
You'll find some stuff, select the one UNDER Gamplay Constants
It's somewhere found in Text - General, just try finding it..

Stats - Units Trained..
It's just near buildings built..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.