Ninva's Map Reviews

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
This thread is for my reviews on maps for all you out there that don't know which map is the best for you. :D

I found it confusing with version maps for some maps could be ripped off. So I will not review the versions themselves, but only a general map that seems to be going around at the certain time.

Map Reviews:

Map: (Name of map)
Game Play: (What kind of game play it is, and what you should expect.)
Score: 1-10

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Hero Maul Revolution...?

Map: Hero Maul
Game Play: I found this map very interesting when I first played it. It was actually fun, for awhile. Soon I discovered that it was very hard to attack units that keep moving with out stopping. I thought the idea of having a worker hero was neat, yet it wasn't completely mastered. Worker heroes must buy their structures before they can buy them, I mean going to the store and "buying" the structures then putting them into your inventory... Well, I would think that to covert a unit spell into a hero spell would have been easier. The heroes also seem to be a little off balanced. Also, the maul was a rip off of Pokemaul... It says right in the leader board. Well, the game was interesting, and new... It was sure not a revolution to maul games though...
Score: 1/10

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
A Legend of power, or a Legend of miss guided information?!

Map: Legends of Power
Game Play: This map was another RPG map… Yup, and it wasn’t pretty…
First thing, there is no saving or loading! You can only choose your level at the beginning of the game, and your “nation” which I figured that your “nation” wasn’t much of important thing, the directions were very vague themselves… Also, a newbie would play the game and have no clue what to do. Though, the creeps do respawn, with items and all. So that’s a plus, but they respawn so quickly, you turn your back for a minute or two, and then there’s all the creeps. Waiting to kill you, this becomes very annoying, because if you went to one area, and you know you have to go back, you’re most likely going to run into all the creeps you just killed to get there in the first place…
The map maker of this map, supposedly had allot of help, and I’m amaze how bad it turned out, yet there were some neat ideas involved. There was a dungeon where you had to save shades for what ever reason. I haven’t played a game with this feature before… Though the thing that disappointed me is that you couldn’t kill you’re nation’s units or other nations’ units.
This map could have been better, if only the map creator spent more time in finishing the details of the map, including directions and terrain… Though, it was fun for awhile.
Score: 3/10

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
neat idea, il lbe looking ofrward to more reviews, try and post links of where to get the maps you are talking about

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Review some of the TH maps... Destiny RPG, AWA, etc. etc.

Heh, review Ace's Micro maps and stuff...

Or even my Vampire Slayer... If you can find it anymore :(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Review some of the TH maps... Destiny RPG, AWA, etc. etc.

Heh, review Ace's Micro maps and stuff...

Or even my Vampire Slayer... If you can find it anymore :(

Yeah I agree with Alexander, get out some of the maps from the DL section and review them (especially Destiny RPG and AWA), if you just review any map, chances are we may not've heard of them :p.

~Jindo

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, sweet. I thought that went kapoot in the crash, but whatever.

Yeah, that's the latest I've got.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
2 maps I like to play are Elimination and Genesis of Empires II, I'd request for those to be reviewed ;)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Yay, some suggestions! I like the ideas so far, so I'd look at the TH maps, and will add links to the reviews. Anymore suggestions? :D

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
mine once we get next version out, but not until then

DM Cross

Reaction score
Review DotA :rolleyes:

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Don't, or else we'll get a newb flame war started over which either side.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Destiny RPG

Map: Destiny RPG BETA
Game Play:
You start out as a hero with hero things to do, like go send a letter to a city…?
In Destiny RPG you choose from a selection of heroes which have their own skills and abilities. Now, you start out completely clueless on what to do, and how to select a hero. To select a hero you had to choose the hero with its choosing ability! Now, why didn’t I see that?!
The game is like every RPG, you talk to villagers, they give you hints or quests, and then you go out and fulfill the quest and earn exp points. Now, the map was ok except for the creep respawn. Once I passed the second town I discovered that the creeps like to respawn, and then come and attack me. This means, piles of creeps killing you over and over and over again… Yet, there is a way to over come this, potions! Potions have no cool down rate, and their only 2g so why not buy a whole stack and keep using potions? This only makes the game repeative, and quite boring.
Score: 3/10
Link: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php?view=123

(I would like to review the real map, but 56k hasn't submitted it yet, I can't review it unless it has been released to the public... Anyone have a link to the real map?)

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Cool idea about reviews, one thing: is it only you or could anyone write thier own review?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Jo.O said:
Cool idea about reviews, one thing: is it only you or could anyone write thier own review?

Technically, if you're writing a legitamite review, there's nothing we can really do about it (well, ok, there is, but why would we? :D)

You have to be very careful with reviews, because people can easily mistake them as flames. So be polite and ALWAYS remember to state that whatever you post is YOUR opinion... Not the site's. We don't need people giving us crap because you said some map sucks :D

That's my thoughts on it. I shall bring this to the attention of the other staff and if one of them sees I said something wrong, they'll let ya know.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I shall bring this to the attention of the other staff

The staff is already following each of your posts with great care and interest... just in case :p

Seems to work so far...

:nuts: :rolleyes: :p

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Yeah, I pretty much guessed that would be the case, but i wondered instead of lots of reviews in seperate thread there could be something more organized.
Like if someone uploads a map and a few people test it and write reviews about it, to get more then only one persons opinon.
Because everyone has different taste and it would be more accurate if more than one guy made reviews, maybe 3-4 guys to get different opinions.
Not that ninvas reviews are bad ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.