Not able to select the corpse

Templarion

Reaction score
I have made a custom ability using the triggers based on Channel. The only problem is that the ability should be targetable only on "dead" units.

When I try to test the ability it says: "Target must be a corpse." Even when I am actually clicking on a corpse!

I assume that corpses can be targeted only when "auto-casted" or something? If so, what should I do to make a spell working correctly? Auto-casting ability is not a possibility. Using "Unit or Point Target" in Target Type field doesn't seem to work.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Replace/revive/recreate the dead unit (corpse) with an actual unit, play his death/decay animation? Use a corpse model?

>Auto-casting ability is not a possibility.
Ok, how about ressurection? Animate Dead?

Templarion

Reaction score
I explain my idea so you understand fully my goal:

Vampire can Embrace recently died mortals by giving Cursed Blood to them. Whenever this happens the embraced one will become a vampire. Any living (not undead) human or elf can be turned to a vampire and there are hundreds of them in my map.

If vampire kills ten units in a fight and want to convert ONE of them he can choose who will be the one. Animate Dead and Resurrection don't let the player choose the corpse (if I remember correctly).

Thanks for trying anyway.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
....something like this?

Needs some work, but I think you get the idea. Just ...

>If vampire kills ten units in a fight and want to convert ONE of them he can choose who will be the one
Just do a counter, if counter >= ten, set counter = counter - 10 and do Enable GiveBloodAbility for PlayerX...
Then after he uses it, disable it, depending on another counter, that checks if he already used it? He can save up "bloods"? So, he doesnt really need to use it on the first 30 weak units he kills? Oh... could I sound more retarded? Doubt it... :p

Attachments

• TETE.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 76

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
u could try and make it a point target instead and just check which unit is in range of 50 or something like that from the point u clicked if no unit is around no one is revived and if there it revives that unit (though im not sure if corpse can stack up on same location so u might wanna try and limit it to one corpse)

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Well, it's just a suggestion, but you could create a unit to simulate a dead unit. Like make a unit have that unit's death animation and make it have 1 hitpoint, invulnerable, dead, and paused.

Then make a trigger that when a unit BEGINS CASTING an ability, note that i said begins casting and not starts the effect of an ability, ill explain why later.

Then if the unit being casted on is the dummy dead unit, then proceed, if it isn't, then press stop.

Ok here's why.. Basically with starts the effect of an ability you can't exactly use stop casting because it has already casted.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.