US News Ohio: ‘Blacks only,’ ‘whites only’ signs posted on Colerain High School water fountains, parents say

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
CINCINNATI (WXIX) - Signs appeared on the water fountains at Colerain High School recently appearing to segregate the water fountains along racial lines, according to parents of students at the school.

School officials confirm the signs were posted May 5. A letter to parents from Colerain High School Principal Erin Davis is included in full at the end of this story.

“These water fountains were labeled ‘blacks only,’ ‘whites only,’ which pushed us back so many generations,” said one parent who preferred to remain anonymous. “My heart dropped. My heart dropped. I could not believe it. It was so offensive.”

A Northwest Local School District spokesperson called the incident “unacceptable on all levels” and a deviation from the district’s “culture of inclusivity, respect, kindness and compassion for everyone.”

“Upon investigation of the matter, we have learned that the notes posted over the water fountains were posted for a matter of 30 seconds and were never seen by other students or staff members,” the spokesperson said. “The three students involved in the incident posted the signs, took photos and removed the notes before posting the photos online.”

The spokesperson claims the students involved have been issued “significant” disciplinary actions.

“It’s a hate crime,” remarked another parent who also preferred to remain anonymous. “It’s racism swept under the rug.”

What in the world is happening in USA?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Why is all this white supremacist stuff showing up in the news? This stuff is making a comeback at least in how it is being reported, just saying.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
OK because of the Buffalo stuff I get it... that is why the news sites are over the moon with this. Or maybe this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.