General Pit Bulls Kill Miniature Horse Donated To Cancer-Stricken Child

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
I hate pitbulls. They are scary. I've seen people mauled by them. I've seen them chew on logs (FRIGGEN LOGS BIGGER THAN THEIR HEADS!!!!) As someone posted up above, they don't stop once started. They don't let go - unless they want to. And they have lockjaw which means unless they want to let go there is no way of doing so unless you break their jaw.

And yes it is the peoples responsibility to train their pitbulls properly. But do they? NO! The ones who DO train them properly are the exception. One pitbull gets out and is feeling aggressive? Kills a kid (or a horse). A golden retriever? Mauls but not kills and is easy to stop.

Pitbulls Don't Stop. They are like Terminator dogs.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Well, if you think of it that way, and blame it on the owner for not giving it some discipline, or keeping it where it should be (In their own house), then ALL dogs are dangerous. Damn, Chihuahas should be banned to because they are more aggressive and annoying, and they WILL chase you (they always do no matter what.)

Reaction score
Can't you people see?! It doesn't matter how many people are killed by venomous snakes, or mauled by grizzly bears, we should be able to keep these animals as pets. As the proud owner of several grizzly bears, a range of Peruvian spiders and a rare breed of coral snake, I can attest that they are most harmless when treated with love and care!

In fact, I am so hurt by the suggestion that these lovely creatures should be banned as pets, that I have completely divorced myself from any logical thought process and will now suggest that we should kill off the entire human race, because humans can harm humans!

So, why would you want to ban the ownership of these animals when:

1. Banning these creatures as pets would be unfair to decent pet owners.
2. Banning these creatures as pets would be akin to GENOCIDE, which I am pretty sure is a crime.
3. Banning these creatures as pets would force us to kill off the entire human race. I can't tell you why, really, but I'm sure the reasoning is pretty rock solid.

Although it makes me sad to think that a small infant child could be mauled to death by an out of control bear, these pets still deserve a fair go.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
These pets have been given a fair go, and it didn't go too good.
I'm sorry, but the only people that don't think they should be banned are the ones who have them...

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
These pets have been given a fair go, and it didn't go too good.
I'm sorry, but the only people that don't think they should be banned are the ones who have them...

Not true. I don't have a pitbull and I think they shouldn't be banned. Like I said before, they are caring animals, but just like any other animal (even a chiwahaha) it can be dangerous but only in the hands of a bad owner.

In fact, I am so hurt by the suggestion that these lovely creatures should be banned as pets, that I have completely divorced myself from any logical thought process and will now suggest that we should kill off the entire human race, because humans can harm humans!

So, why would you want to ban the ownership of these animals when:

1. Banning these creatures as pets would be unfair to decent pet owners.
2. Banning these creatures as pets would be akin to GENOCIDE, which I am pretty sure is a crime.
3. Banning these creatures as pets would force us to kill off the entire human race. I can't tell you why, really, but I'm sure the reasoning is pretty rock solid.

Although it makes me sad to think that a small infant child could be mauled to death by an out of control bear, these pets still deserve a fair go.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Matemeo

Reaction score
Well, if you think of it that way, and blame it on the owner for not giving it some discipline, or keeping it where it should be (In their own house), then ALL dogs are dangerous. Damn, Chihuahas should be banned to because they are more aggressive and annoying, and they WILL chase you (they always do no matter what.)

Exactly! Its not bad dogs, its bad OWNERS :rolleyes:

esb

Reaction score
Moral of the Story:
Animals shouldn't pay the consequences for the actions (or lack of, in this case) of the owners. And neither should donated Ponies.

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
And how many bad owners do you think there are in comparison with good owners? It only take one bad owner for a kid (or a horse) to get killed.

It comes back to people again. Because people dont take personal responsibility (for everything they are involved in,) other people who get hurt lets say by a bad owners pitbull, or chihwawa or pet polar bear or alligator or velociraptor or eagle...

It's not about the dog. And while I don't necessarily agree with banning an animal type (I think thats a knee jerk reaction), I think that SOMETHING has to be done. Maybe the owner AND the dog should be shot? That would solve the bad owner problem pretty quick.

But this (world) society is so ... Pansified/weak and we are more humane to animals then we are to people....

It's Fing stupid. If your going to keep animals as pets remember that you are bringin WILD animals into your home and treat them with respect as such. Don't let them loose.

Animals shouldn't pay the consequences for the actions (or lack of, in this case) of the owners.
I strongly disagree with that. A dog that mauls a kid should be shot, and the owner charged. Any animal that breaks another persons property is different.. the owner has the buck stops there...but if the animal has killed another animal or drawn blood (animal or human) then it should be dealt with.

Back on topic...the reason I posted in this thread in the first place was those particular dogs should be shot. They killed a suffering boys pet horse for crying out loud. I give more importance to the boy and his feelings than pitbull lovers feelings, as you can tell.

esb

Reaction score
A not so bad resolution would be to add a bigger sentence to the owner. If the dog kills, owner should be charged for the murder (or half)

They should only allow dogs with "license". So that people keep the dogs registered, that way the amount of dog breeds are controlled (kind of).

Owners should also need to meet requirements in their houses. Such as 8ft tall fences. Because a leash, even from a metal chain, won't do. (My dog has broken both of her metal chains :p). Fences... are a must. As I said, my dog jumps to my head.
And when they are after something, they will do everything they can to get it.

but you know, once they get old they don't do much. A neighbor's dog (pitbull too), used to bark like CRAZY!!! when you walked by. 3 years later it doesn't even notice you cause it's old. lol

P.S.
>hurt lets say by a bad owners pitbull, or chihwawa or pet polar bear or alligator or velociraptor or eagle...
ROFL that made me crack up :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.