General Pit Bulls Kill Miniature Horse Donated To Cancer-Stricken Child

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
AMARILLO -- A miniature horse given to a boy with brain cancer by the Make-A-Wish Foundation was killed by a pair of pit bulls who were found roaming in his yard, authorities said.

The 31-inch tall horse, Anniversary, was donated by the foundation to 3-year-old Christian Vasquez in late August.

Christian, who was diagnosed in January with a malignant form of brain cancer, received a pull cart, a blanket, a halter and a bridle set from the foundation on Saturday, said Jelaine Workman, executive director for the foundation's Amarillo chapter.

Two days later, Anniversary was found dead on his property in Pampa by Christian's father, Raul Vasquez.

The father was nearly attacked by the dogs but managed to climb a tree and call 911 on his cell phone.

One of the dogs was captured by authorities and remains in custody at the Pampa animal pound, while the other escaped and remained on the loose, Gray County Sheriff Don Copeland said.

"I was scared to death," said Raul Vasquez, 41. "They killed Anniversary, and I thought they would kill me too."

It was unclear how the dogs entered the property, which is surrounded by a 4 1/2-foot-high fence.

Workman said the foundation won't be able to supply a second horse but was getting calls from residents who wanted to donate money for a new one.

Anniversary cost $1,300, and the foundation included free feed, training and veterinary care for a year in its gift.

"This horse was beautiful," Workman said. "It just makes me angry that people allow their dogs to run on the loose."

Last edited:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
:eek: I must be a horrible person because the thought of this made me fall out of my chair laughing..

quraji

zap
Reaction score
Heh. At least it was a quick and painless death unlike what the child's will be.

I'm going to hell...

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
:eek: I must be a horrible person because the thought of this made me fall out of my chair laughing..

What is wrong with you?

I dread to think what would happen if someone nuked one of ur neighbouring countries.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
poor kid. Hopefullly he didn't see it or he probably would of had a mental breakdown.

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
What is wrong with you?

I dread to think what would happen if someone nuked one of ur neighbouring countries.

Relevance?

There is plenty wrong with me, but the thought of a 31-inch horse getting chased down by 2 dogs is humorous to me.. Me laughing has nothing what-so-ever to do with the boy. :eek:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
And this is why I'm all for banning pitbulls.

We have two that live a few houses down, and if they get out, out better get in your house. :X
They attack everything in sight.

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
And this is why I'm all for banning pitbulls.

We have two that live a few houses down, and if they get out, out better get in your house. :X
They attack everything in sight.

I'm sick and tired of people like you. Pitbulls are very loving animals, it's the owners that raise them to be vicious! I don't understand why you people can't see that! I mean, if we should ban pitbulls for their owners treating them like crap. Then we should sentence the human race to extinction for the horrible acts of violence we all commit on a daily basis. Because really, that's all we're doing by banning pitbulls, sentencing them all to death! And last I checked, Genocide was a crime.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
No, Most pitbulls depending on their bloodline, are "vicious" by nature. My pitbull, even though I treat it nicely, sometimes place rough, but I tell it not to, and pretend to hit it, and it stops. They just need discipline. They are very loyal, and it's up for the owners to keep them where they belong.

Matemeo

Reaction score
No, Most pitbulls depending on their bloodline, are "vicious" by nature. My pitbull, even though I treat it nicely, sometimes place rough, but I tell it not to, and pretend to hit it, and it stops. They just need discipline. They are very loyal, and it's up for the owners to keep them where they belong.

I agree with the above poster, we are the owners of two pitbulls both are extremely well mannered, and very friendly, (a bit too friendly, bad watchdogs methinks) and we've never had an incident with either of them for well over 4 years. And we've never had to keep them "in line".

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
How many other dogs are they around?

Pit Bulls might be naturally aggressive but properly trained they are perfectly safe. They are just so powerful - and they kill so many animals and have such a bad PR department :D

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I remember reading somewhere that you are more likely to be bit by a golden retriever then a pitbull. But when a pitbull starts it wont stop.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
So pitbulls should only be allowed in zoos?

Maybe people should need to get a license to own a certain animal. That would be better than a ban.

Either way, people can still have access to them.

My neighbor had a pitbull, it was too friendly and people poisoned it on purpose. They still have the 2 babies and they are good. It all depends on the owner.

BTW, I noticed they said they have no idea how the pitbulls jumped a 4 and 1/2 foot tall fence... SERIOUSLY Who are they kidding?!?! My pitbull jumps 6 ft!

Rad

Reaction score

Pit Bulls might be naturally aggressive but properly trained they are perfectly safe. They are just so powerful - and they kill so many animals and have such a bad PR department :D

I don't think we should rely on owners to keep other people (or children with cancer's pets) safe.

Since when can we rely on other people? Its always the crack heads who have aggressive pets anyway... :rolleyes:

Matemeo

Reaction score

Suprisingly, not many, we sorta live in the boonies :) We take out em out to the park every now and then, so they don't get completely pent up :p

I can see where the prejudice for bulldogs come from, I mean, look how they are always portrayed, in cartoons, movies, etc, I mean...Tom and Jerry? That dog was a monster! (dunno if it was even a pitbull, thats what I always thought it was ;))

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Pitbulls are naturally aggressive by nature, and yes, while many can be nice when trained, there are more aggressive one that nice ones.
Genocide is a crime, yes, but not when used against animals. that's just animal abuse.

Rad

Reaction score
Two pitbulls ATE my cousin's cat when him and his dad were on the porch outside, they ran up grabbed it and took off, they stopped up the road and there was a mangled body, they kept running and apparently the dog catchers found them at a park later and they were put to sleep.

They should be banned. Not banned for those who already have one, but shouldn't be allowed to be purchased or bred. And should have to get fixed.

People can keep their beloved pets if its that important but it should be stopped gradually. Theres alot more cases from pitbulls than any other dogs

Matemeo

Reaction score
Two pitbulls ATE my cousin's cat when him and his dad were on the porch outside, they ran up grabbed it and took off, they stopped up the road and there was a mangled body, they kept running and apparently the dog catchers found them at a park later and they were put to sleep.

They should be banned. Not banned for those who already have one, but shouldn't be allowed to be purchased or bred. And should have to get fixed.

People can keep their beloved pets if its that important but it should be stopped gradually. Theres alot more cases from pitbulls than any other dogs

Banning a breed of an animal? Because of peoples lack of attention or care? Doesn't sound right to me. Punishing said people for the lack of attention to their animals? That sounds about right if you ask me. From what I read here, its as if your saying you want pitbulls to simply not exist? Extinction?

How about we just kill every human, I mean come on, so many of them hurt and kill other living things. Right? -_-

Imo, thats life, learn to deal with it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.