play music for certain player

serb7

Reaction score
Compress Audio File Size?

how do you play music for just one player: resolved

and

how would i put like atleast 4 music files into a map without the map size being like 10 meg?

other than using this
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=67501
http://rs10.rapidshare.com/files/50817755/BeSweet-guiv07b4-wizardv02b1.rar
because i havent been able to download that all day the servers are overloaded...

and how do i set a trigger to play a random song from a list of songs that i set?

Shura

Reaction score
Can't you just assign each song a different number, and then randomly generate a number to pick the song?

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Don't implement your own music into maps. Everyone gets unhappy and you have to deal with the charges for putting someone else's song into your own game without their permission.

Compressing file sizes can only get as dramatic as WC3 optimizer will allow.
You cannot compress a single file that's 1 mb into 100 kb.
You can compress 1000 1kb files into 100 kb.

It's so much easier to squash together 100 bits of paper than 1 piece of paper. It's kindof hard to squash a flat piece of paper :p

You cannot, however, have individual players have individual songs. People most of the time just shut off the music anyway.

serb7

Reaction score
Don't implement your own music into maps. Everyone gets unhappy and you have to deal with the charges for putting someone else's song into your own game without their permission.

Compressing file sizes can only get as dramatic as WC3 optimizer will allow.
You cannot compress a single file that's 1 mb into 100 kb.
You can compress 1000 1kb files into 100 kb.

It's so much easier to squash together 100 bits of paper than 1 piece of paper. It's kindof hard to squash a flat piece of paper :p

You cannot, however, have individual players have individual songs. People most of the time just shut off the music anyway.

well, theres different file types, and many different configurations in many different music converters/optimizers...... so with different file types yes you can compress a 1mb file into 100kb, i just dont what tool to use,... for example im pretty sure if you wanted to convert a 1mb wav/wma to midi the size of the file might decrease from 1mb to 400kb or so, but once again i dont know what to use to do that...

and also you dont necisarrily have to convert wma/wav to midi to get a dramatic decrease in file size, you can convert wav to mp3 and theres a dramatic decrease in file size just in the conversion right there.... but its not small enough...

and also the music im putting into this map is striker911s techno and he posts his music on his website for free download, i dont think ill have to deal with any charges for putting someone else's song into your own game without their permission, when the music is free to download directly from the creator of the music himself...

Can't you just assign each song a different number, and then randomly generate a number to pick the song?
yeah i could but i dont know how to do that exactly.... but yeah thats on the right track..... im going to try to figure it out... if any1 has an explanation on how to do this please i would find it very helpful

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.