Player claim region trigger help

squorpion

Reaction score
Hi im not sure how to make a player claim region trigger i have an idea of how it should work but no idea how to execute it. what i want to happen is this. lets say you enter a base that is unclaimed and you like it and its a popular spot and want to make sure no one comes in and just starts building in it. you can type in -claim and if you don't have any claimed bases atm you can claim that one. then i will have a series of triggers that runs off that like -out wich would destroy any buildings in your base built buy an ally and teleport his builder out of you base. how i thought it would work is by making an array variable and when they claim a base it would +1 the array and assign the region the +1 array then when someone else comes and trys to claim your base it checks if base is +1 or +0 if its 0 it claims if not it doesnt. then there would be another array variable of 0-6 0 being no base 1 being base 1 2 being base 2 and so forth. then when you type - out the trigger checks wich base you have claimed and activates on that base. can any one help me because i dont know what to do

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
The text is kind of unstructured and hard to read, try to write in a little better language. Use punctuation and capital letters, and try to make it into more paragraphs. It's very hard to read and understand right now, especially for me who doesn't have English as my native language.

squorpion

Reaction score
The text is kind of unstructured and hard to read, try to write in a little better language. Use punctuation and capital letters, and try to make it into more paragraphs. It's very hard to read and understand right now, especially for me who doesn't have English as my native language.

this is what i want to happen.

Code:
event - player from unit group sheep enters mesage -claim1 as an exact match
Conditions - triggering player base = 0
action - if then, else multiple functions
if triggering play=player1 red and base1= 0 then +1 triggering player base and +1 base 1
if triggering play=player2 blue and base1= 0 then +1 triggering player base and +2 base 1
if triggering play=player3 teal and base1= 0 then +1 triggering player base and +3 base 1
i typed that out so sorry if its hard to understand but basically i have multiple varibles going on do this

base1 is a region +0 means it is unclaimed and +1 means it is claimd by player1 +2 mean claimed by player 2 and soforth.

player base is also a variable. +1 means that that players base is base1 and +2 means that players base is base2 and soforth.

i have the bases untop of a region the region being the same name as the variable. I just need help setting this trigger up.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
Well... I'd probably make every region a player variable instead of a somewhat boolean integer variable. That way, every region could store exactly what player is controlling it at a given time.

But what is it that you don't know how to do? Set up the trigger to the best of your knowledge, try to get as much as possible to work, and post it here. It's far easier to help you if we can see about how the trigger should work. I still have some problems understanding you, but that may be because I'm a Swede (with fever, on top of it -.-).

Never_Quit

Reaction score
unit enters region
unit equal to hero
for each integer a 1-12
set Boolean region owned[(A)] equal to false
set Boolean region owned[player number(owner of unit(triggeringunit))] equal to true
pick all units in region
change color of picked unit to event response triggering player owner of unit

squorpion

Reaction score
ok i have no idea how to go threw with making this trigger so i am asking if someone can make the trigger for me in a map for i can copy it into the map after i read and understand what is going on

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
ok i have no idea how to go threw with making this trigger so i am asking if someone can make the trigger for me in a map for i can copy it into the map after i read and understand what is going on

Then you won't learn anything and you will have to ask again whenever you want to do more :)

It's better to do it the hard way. I'm also a n00b, but now after some months I'm beginning to grasp it. It's definately worth doing your own triggers. Not only do you get more used to the editor, but it's also easier for you to troubleshoot should something not work.

squorpion

Reaction score
Then you won't learn anything and you will have to ask again whenever you want to do more :)

It's better to do it the hard way. I'm also a n00b, but now after some months I'm beginning to grasp it. It's definately worth doing your own triggers. Not only do you get more used to the editor, but it's also easier for you to troubleshoot should something not work.

im asking for someone to attach the map so that i can study the trigger it self land and notice how they did everything for i can do it lateron by my self with out help. i can't do it my self right now because 1) i dont know where the stuff would be and 2) im not sure if its even there anymore

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.