Post you passives, anti-orbs, and aura ideas! (Rep Rewards)

BlueSin

Reaction score
I usually am annoyed by these kind of threads, but know I find myself making one... :)

Anyway, I'm looking for ideas for anti-orbs, passive spells, and auras. Quality ideas will be used for a new update of a map of mine entitled Age of Oblivion, the site is www.ageofoblivion.co.nr (looking for members! :)). I will of course give reputation to anyone who posts an idea that's not retarded.

Some example situations for passives are:
-When someone with the passive attacks
-When someone with the passive is attacked
-Units are around someone with the passive

Etc...

Thank you!
-BlueSin

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Look here, where you can find over 100 different ability ideas (probably over 150)

Or here, where you can find an aura that damages enemies when they cast a spell

Or:

Elemental Aura:
-An aura that freezes or burns or entangles enemies when the buffed unit is attacked. Has a 33.3% chance to freeze, burn, or entangle, and a 10/15/20/25% chance for this to activate/happen.

Life Aura:
-An aura that increases nearby friendly unit's life by 10/20/30/40hp when they are attacked for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds. (after 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds is up, they lose that bit of hp. But they'll gain more when they are attacked again, obviously)

BlueSin

Reaction score
Ooh I like Elemental Aura, maybe I'll have it mini-flamestrike for fire, entangle roots as you suggested for nature, and frost nova for ice.

As for life aura, I'm not sure, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

Thank you, and plus rep!:)

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Death Aura: Deals X damage (i dont know exactly how much health/dmg ur guys do) to everyone within 50/100/150/200, but also deals a third of that damage to the unit itsellf.

Halofan

Reaction score
I have one that uses triggers. Is that okay? Because if so, I have one that gives a chance to deal extra damage (lke Critical Strike) with an added bonus that it gives a chance to heal the caster (like Vampiric Aura added on). If not, then I can look for some more... I usually use only custom spells.

*EDIT*

In fact, I was just looking through some of my old spells, and I have one that is similar to Reincarnation, but raises 5 units with them, almost like a Resurrection that can target Heroes. I have about 30-40 custom spells at least. Some of them I might not think are too good, but it depends on what you need. If you need any of them, just PM me;).

1337D00D

Passives:

Sanguinary Strike: an x percent chance to deal extra damage to a unit, slow it, and have it take bleeding damage for a while.

Mirror Force: Gives an x percent chance to deflect an attack and redirect at the attacker.

EDIT: w00 85th post!

BlueSin

Reaction score
Death Aura: Deals X damage (i dont know exactly how much health/dmg ur guys do) to everyone within 50/100/150/200, but also deals a third of that damage to the unit itsellf.

Well what triggers the aura? I mean when will it activate? Also I don't think this is a very fair spell since the hero using it will die pretty fast and he has no control over whether it is used or not. But thanks anyway, +rep.

Halofan said:
I have one that uses triggers. Is that okay? Because if so, I have one that gives a chance to deal extra damage (lke Critical Strike) with an added bonus that it gives a chance to heal the caster (like Vampiric Aura added on). If not, then I can look for some more... I usually use only custom spells.

*EDIT*

In fact, I was just looking through some of my old spells, and I have one that is similar to Reincarnation, but raises 5 units with them, almost like a Resurrection that can target Heroes. I have about 30-40 custom spells at least. Some of them I might not think are too good, but it depends on what you need. If you need any of them, just PM me.

I'd prefer simply just the ideas. :) So no thanks, I don't need anything like that. Plus rep for effort though.

>>it depends on what you need.

I don't need help making spells, I'm just looking for some unique ideas.

1337D00D said:
Passives:

Sanguinary Strike: an x percent chance to deal extra damage to a unit, slow it, and have it take bleeding damage for a while.

Mirror Force: Gives an x percent chance to deflect an attack and redirect at the attacker.

First one sounds kind of neat, maybe I'll use it. Oy, I already have a spell similar to the second one in the form of a toggleable spell. :)

Thanks all the same, plus rep.

crystalguard

Reaction score
i have an idea for something like Vampiric Arua, Actuly Almost the same only in Compleatle Reverse like this w/ a defence bouns,

Defence Arua:While you are not being attacked you gain +20% health and Mana and when you are attacked by a ranged attack you gain +5 Defence and all units withen X range become dispeled and suffer from -2 health/s

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I have a idea, Wisp Aura, wisps are around you then, one grows bigger then gets small again and if the enemy is on that big wisp it will be entangled! I could probaly make this spell later. Kind of like Endurance aura, where one of those lines grows bigger, but this time a wisp and if your on it = entangle.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Sorry for the excessive use of wolven and bug abilities :eek:.

Burst of Adrenaline: {Passive}

May activate every second.

Gives a 5% chance that the hero's movement speed and attack speed will increase by 15% for 10 seconds.

Bite of the Wolf: {Passive}

May activate only on attacks.

Gives a 10% chance that a spirit of a wolf will be summoned to deal an additional 20 damage. The wolf may only attack once and is destroyed afterwards.

Nightwalker: {Passive}

May activate only at night.

Gives a 10% movement speed bonus until dawn.

Pickpocket: {Passive}

Gives a 10% that the hero will steal 25% of the gold and lumber used to train/create the attacked unit.

Malicious Venom: {Passive}

Grants the hero to poison the enemy, dealing 4 damage per second. Lasts for 25 seconds (12 on heroes).

Silthid Familiar: {Passive}

Activates automatically.

Instantly summons a Silthid Familiar, this will follow you around attacking all nearby enemies. Doesn't have hitpoints, is invulnerable, lasts forever, deals 25 damage, and allows the hero to poison the enemy, dealing 3 damage per second for 20 seconds (10 on heroes).

Wolf Familiar: {Passive}

Activates automatically.

Instantly summons a Wolf Familiar, this will follow you around attacking all nearby enemies. Doesn't have hitpoints, is invulnerable, lasts forever, deals 25 damage, and allows the hero to steal life equal to 10% of his/her damage.

S

Sunny_D

what about "Soul Breaker" (passive) - Gives a small chance (maybe 1% per level) that an attacking non-hero unit gets under your control. after some time (expiration timer maybe) it cant stand the mental attack anymore and it dies.

(i hope your map isnt a hero-arena map or something similar without normal units) :)

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Here's some things I've been working with for a Mage Slayer:

Disrupt - Gives a 8,12,16% chance to silence a unit for 2 seconds on attack.
Magic Frenzy - If a unit with magic frenzy is damaged by a spell, it has a 10% to get out of control, and attack the damage source for 6 seconds, and gain 10,20,40% increased attack speed.
Sequencer - Stores attacks made in the next 3,5,6 seconds, which can then be released later.
Magic Reflection - Gives a 8% chance to reflect any targeted ability.

And here's some ideas I have for a Scholar:
Scholarship - A unit with scholarship is only allowed to have level 1 abilities, however every time the unit cast a spell, the damage/duration/whatever is increased.
Dummify - Slows down a heroes exp gain by 4% + times cast for 10 + times cast * 2 seconds.
Arrow of Wisdom - Deals 10% * 0.5 times cast of the difference between the scholar and his targets experience. Resets after 10 seconds or when the target looses the buff.
Study Magic - Allows the scholar to unlearn one of his abilities, and learn another.

BlueSin

Reaction score
i have an idea for something like Vampiric Arua, Actuly Almost the same only in Compleatle Reverse like this w/ a defence bouns,

Defence Arua:While you are not being attacked you gain +20% health and Mana and when you are attacked by a ranged attack you gain +5 Defence and all units withen X range become dispeled and suffer from -2 health/s

Hmm, I don't think that's what I'm after, but plus rep for effort.

Dumbass said:
I have a idea, Wisp Aura, wisps are around you then, one grows bigger then gets small again and if the enemy is on that big wisp it will be entangled! I could probaly make this spell later. Kind of like Endurance aura, where one of those lines grows bigger, but this time a wisp and if your on it = entangle.

Nah I'm looking for passives a little less... retarded. :)

Wolf Guy said:
Sorry for the excessive use of wolven and bug abilities .

Pickpocket sounds nice. Plus rep.

Sunflower Seed said:
what about "Soul Breaker" (passive) - Gives a small chance (maybe 1% per level) that an attacking non-hero unit gets under your control. after some time (expiration timer maybe) it cant stand the mental attack anymore and it dies.

A very basic idea, but it still sounds nice. Complexity isn't always better than basics. Plus rep.

Tom said:

Well I don't think the scholar spells fit under this category. :)
But I got an idea from your 'Sequencer' so plus rep.

chanta45

Reaction score
Aura of Undeath

works in conjuction with some kind of unit summon on the hero

If lets say one of your skeletons kills a unit within the aura of the hero, the hero gains + 3 to damage for (20 seconds, can be stacked 10 times (or whatever you want )) and a 30 health heal (Again... Or whatever you want) and if the hero has maxed the damage buff for the aura any unit he kills also turns into a skeleton.

:p I think its cool

Zeromatter

Reaction score
Aura of Denial

Whenever a unit with this aura is attacked, the attacker has X% chance to "phase out" for Y seconds.

You can use the "Phase Shift" ability to mimic the phasing out. (Phase Shift basically makes them poof away for a little while.) This ability would have to be triggered of course.

Stunning Presence

Whenever a unit with this aura is attacked in melee combat, there is a X% its attacker will be pushed back Y distance and stunned for Z seconds.

This is sort of like Spirit Breaker's "Greater Bash," except it's not off of an attack, but off of being attacked. (You'd have sliding triggers to mimic the knockback. Or you can just do a ghetto knockback and instantly move them) Note that this would be triggered, and quite complicated, IMO, to make.

Chaos Aura

Every X seconds, there is a Y% chance to cast a random ability, chosen from all abilities a hero can cast.

Basically, all the abilities your other heroes have, has a chance to be casted by the hero with the aura. For those abilities that target an unit, make the target random. Therefore, you can buff your allies or your enemies, making this ability truely chaotic.

That's it for now, hope these inspired you!

Reaction score
Vengeful Aura:
Any time a friendly unit with this aura is attacked, the hero with the aura has a 5% chance to launch a shockwave towards the attacking unit. Only 1 shockwave can be launched per second.

Inspiring Strikes:
Each time the hero attacks, (s)he has a chance to replenish the mana of neabry units for 10% of the damage dealt.

Etherality:
Every time the hero casts a spell, (s)he has a chance to banish the target unit for 3 seconds (AoE spells have a reduced chance and the chance is rolled for each unit separately).

ayumilove

Youtube account suspended! youtube.com/ayumilove8
Reaction score
lunch break
feed your troops with delicoius home made porridge
+100hp & +100mana

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ok, some ideas:

Passives - (The bad ones are supposedly for cursed/unbalanced units)

Demi Life Unit's HP can't go above half its Max HP.

Set-back of Energy Every time this unit attacks, it loses 10 HP.

Life Burn Loses HP until it reaches 1 (Can still be killed by attacks).

---

Demi Death Unit's HP can't go below 1/4 of its Max HP unless physically attacked.

Motivation Strength increases by 1 every time this unit is attacked (lasts until killed).

Death Drain HP regen rate increases.

---/\> Auras <\/---

Voltage Aura Stuns any close by units

Frostbite Aura Freezes/Slows any close by units

Hellfire Aura Burns any close by units

Growth Aura Heals any close by units

Shadow Aura Blackens the screen of the owner of a unit killed by this unit. (make sense?)

Blinding Light Aura Revive and possess nearby corpses

---/\> Spells >\/---

Scar of Death Implants a rose, when a unit approaches the rose, their HP is cut in half.

Mark of the Shadow Transform a target into a wolf, making them stronger, faster, but unable to cast spells.

---

All I got atm, enjoy ;).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.