Practical Dialog Box Question

Incognito

Reaction score
Ok here is the question: Is it possible to make multiple dialog boxes with the same trigger? That was worded poorly, sadly that is the question, let me explain further;
Say I make a trigger with…

Event:
Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for DialogBoxGeneral[1]

I would need to repeat this same trigger 12 times to cover 12 players, is there a way for me to put a variable in place of the “1” (Like with empty strings in commands) so that I wont have to repeat the trigger 12 times.

As always would appreciate any assistance.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
use a loop.

Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for (Clicked dialog) labelled (Player + (String((Integer A))))
      • Set DialogButton[(Integer A)] = (Last created dialog Button)

that would create 12 buttons, one for each player.

unless you meant the event:
Trigger:
  • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for DialogBoxGeneral[1]

then, in GUI. no u cant. just copy and paste and change the number, wont take longer than a minute. dont be lazy lol.

Incognito

Reaction score
Yea sadly I did mean the event.

Damn, thx for the confirmation +rep

If someone does know a way around this, or simply something that would help, I would love to hear it.

Also does having those extra triggers cause any issues, insignificant slow down even?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
nope. it shouldnt

having more than one event just makes it more ways of activating the trigger. shouldnt cause lag in anyway.

the only way that it could have an effect on your map, is if you do an incorrect event or make thousands of unecessary events, in which case would make your map slightly bigger. but ag still then no lag i dont think.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.