Pre-orders (soon) at 700000

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
I guess you heard about the presumed $100 millions it cost to make SC2?
(If not: here).

According to vgchartz, there's nearly 700000 pre-orders already (US only):
US chart July 2010

Winterherz

Reaction score
multiply that ongoing count by $60/$100ish.... $100 million dev. cost to make the whole trilogy....GJ blizz
:thup::thup::thup:

The report stated the $100 million was purely development price and made no mention of marketing expenditures. That lofty figure well exceeds Gran Turismo 5's $60 million development cost, one of the most expensive video games to date.

Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick has previously labeled the Starcraft franchise as one of the company's seven "pillars of opportunity." Kotick said each pillar has the potential to reap between $500 million and $1 billion of operating profit for the publisher throughout its life. The other pillars are Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, World of Warcraft, Diablo, new Blizzard MMOG, and Bungie's new intellectual property.

celerisk

When Zerg floweth, life is good
Reaction score
Damn Interwebs. Can't even trust the WSJ anymore nowadays... :p

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Even still, if they didn't sped 100 million, they definitely made up more than what they spent if they have 700,000 pre-orders alone at $60 - $100 a pop. Imagine what they'll make tomorrow when the game actually goes on sale. I'm glad a pre-ordered, I'd rather wait until friday to have my game sent to me than have to wait on line at a game retailer, ugh!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.