Problems with a trigger

Fyuran

Reaction score
Hello to everyone, i'm Fyuran and i'm really happy to be in this forum! :)

I'm afraid i need your help with a trigger i'm making for a Dummy Spell
Basically i cast the main spell(Purify in this case) which spawns a Dummy right on the attacked unit and begins to cast my custom-made Blizzard spell.

But here comes the problem:
-First the dummy won't spawn on the unit i've attacked, but it spawns on the unit which is attacking (The triggering unit of the event) also, it doesn't obey to my trigger at all, it just stands there until the expiration timer kills him.

-Second i can't issue the dummy to use a custom-made spells, there are only pre-built spells on the list.

Anyway here's the GUI trigger, if something is different from yours, i'm sorry it's because my Warcraft 3 is not english, I'll try to explain the wrong stuff in english as much as i can.

Trigger:
  • DummySpell
    • Events
      • Event - A unit begins the effect of a spell
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equals to Purify
    • Actions
      • set DummyTarget = (Attacked Unit)
      • set DummyLoc = (Position of DummyTarget)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Triggering Player) at DummyLoc facing (position of DummyTarget)
      • set Dummy = (last created Unit)
      • Unit - add a 20.00 second General Expiration Timer
      • Unit - Order Dummy to Neutral - "default spell for debug purposes" DummyTarget

Happy

Reaction score
change this :
Trigger:

to this
Trigger:
  • set DummyTarget = (target of ability being cast)

and to order a dummy to cast a custom spell add the custom spell to it and order it to cast the original spell....means if you based your spell of blizzard order it to cast blizzard.

Fyuran

Reaction score
change this :
Trigger:

to this
Trigger:
  • set DummyTarget = (target of ability being cast)

and to order a dummy to cast a custom spell add the custom spell to it and order it to cast the original spell....means if you based your spell of blizzard order it to cast blizzard.

Thank you, you've resolved my first problem, i'll try to check if the spell works now.

EDIT: Amazing how flawed my logic can be, still doesn't work, the dummy doesn't do anything.

About the spell, i've based the custom spell on Blizzard (Not the Software house) i've edited some stats for it, guess i'll check some other tutorials, might come handy doing so :p

jomik

Reaction score
Dude, did you remember to change the order to cast the original spell? >.<
AND, did you remember to GIVE the spell to the dummy? >.< and make sure it has enough mana ?

SwedishChef

Reaction score
Dude, did you remember to change the order to cast the original spell? >.<
AND, did you remember to GIVE the spell to the dummy? >.< and make sure it has enough mana ?

Yes do this first. I always set my dummy abilities mana cost to 0. Also if I'm having some hard time with a dummy spell I start with trying to cast it myself with the dummy unit. If you can't you know the reason, if you can you know it is things like mana cost, range or something in the trigger etc.

Fyuran

Reaction score
Thank you both, with your help i realized it was infact the ability costed mana, I really thank you a lot!

There's just something now that i don't understand, has the ability, I make for the dummy, to be based on the Fire Bolt?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.