Problems with Cinematics?

Incognito

Reaction score
Are there any know problems with the Cinematic actions in WE, or any reason to avoid using them at all?
Simple question I know but it is fairly important to me, thx.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ummm not that i know of :x but, i suppose if you dont use them right they can leak... does that count? xD

why, having a problem getting something to work?

Incognito

Reaction score
Not so much a problem getting them to work as such, just that a map I’m working on uses a fair few cinematic events in common triggers, I wouldn’t want to go back and remake all of them when i find out that it screws something up e.g. if they all leak in stupid ways etc...

Btw how would they leak if not used properly, are there special leaks associated with cinematic?

Incognito

Reaction score
Can I assume from the lack of responses that it is safe to go on with these triggers?
+rep to all who contributed

If anyone does know any issues with cinematic, ill check back every so often.
Post any known issues here plz and thx

Jedi

Reaction score
Don't use Pan Camera as neccesary action at multiplayer maps.Others are fine.

BAkil

Reaction score
Whenever any player viewing the cinematic presses the escape button, if any dialog is being displayed, it will be hidden from all players, regardless of who pressed escape. This could become problematic when displaying important information via cinematics and having someone to press escape and drown other player's chances at reading such information.
For that reason I suggest you display important information, whatever that may be, via either floating text or messages to players.

That's about all I can think of.. If you can avoid doing that then it shouldn't be a problem at all!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.