Pros/Cons of Collision Trigger/Immoltation (Maze)

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Mini-Me said:
I rest my case.
I expect a full apology for this totally unfounded and false accusation against perm immolation and for your personal attack against me.
Tonks express his opinion roughly, that's all.You don't take too serious it, do you?,

C

CryptWizard

Mini-Me said:
I expect a full apology for this totally unfounded and false accusation against perm immolation and for your personal attack against me.

Lemee guess what will happen next:
I expect a full apology for this totally unfounded copying of my trademark phrase "I expect a full apology for this totally unfounded and false accusation against..."

lol

Anyway, Abilities > Triggers. That's all there is to it.

M

Mini-Me

CryptWizard said:
Anyway, Abilities > Triggers. That's all there is to it.
Yep we all know that (atleast most of us), but im still waiting for that apology...

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Mini-Me said:
You're kidding me right?

Mini-Me said:
Triggers look all nice when you use the 'test map', but when you take it to bnet, its a different thing, im not saying trigger kill misses often, im saying it can miss sometimes (rarely).
Trigger option is never better over an ability option. Lets take an example, which one would you choose, triggered frost nova with 3 triggers, or the ability frost nova? Which one you think is better if you just want a frost nova that never fails?
What I am getting is that you think abilities just magically happen by themselves. Triggers use code, those abilites use code, you just don't see it. Therefore, triggers can easily become just as acurate or more because you can edit the code directly (not saying Jass doesn't have it's limits...)

If a trigger doesn't work as good or better than an ability, it's the triggerer's fault. Badly written triggers won't work 100% of the time, but on the other hand, if a trigger is written perfectly, then it will always work, unless it is some bug with warcraft itself. Please don't say that abilities are more acurate than triggering because it is the same thing, you just can't see the code behind the abilites.

This doesn't mean I say you should use triggering for your collision kills, it's really just a matter of preference, if you write your triggers and make your abilities well, either should work fine.

So please, stop the flame war because you guys just look stupid arguing over which way is better and who knows more when really you are just being ignorant.

M

Mini-Me

Yes i was kidding, i wasnt asking the apology with a serious face, only to humiliate him.

We were talking which way is better, not which is more accurate. And if you look at what comments some people say i believe the conversation was 'which ways is better for total noobs'. And surely an ability is far better option than some triggers.

So 'wonderpriest' dont come here screaming. We are not flaming each other, atleast i havent taken anything seriously, and i've also understood from the general athmosphere that not other people are really serious in here either. I only see you taking this thread seriously. Lighten up and shut up.

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Well, I wasn't trying to say either way is better, because I have never made a maze. I was just trying to get accross that while abilites may be a better choice for many things, they aren't magic and they do have coding behind them, so coding your own abilites can work the same way, and sometimes better.

And I was just saying that a few of the comments were a little harsh and it seemed you guys were really prepared to fight to the death over which was better :/. I wasn't screaming, I was saying that you should try to explain your reasoning a bit more rather than just say everyone else is wrong, which sounds ignorant (I don't mean "your" as in just you, mini-me)

Tonks

Reaction score
Mini-Me said:
Yep we all know that (atleast most of us), but im still waiting for that apology...
Mini-Me said:
Yes i was kidding, i wasnt asking the apology with a serious face, only to humiliate him.
I'm humiliated. Absolutely thrashed me. I may as well give up map making now, I'm so embarrassed.

Mini-Me said:
We were talking which way is better, not which is more accurate. And if you look at what comments some people say i believe the conversation was 'which ways is better for total noobs'. And surely an ability is far better option than some triggers.

So 'wonderpriest' dont come here screaming. We are not flaming each other, atleast i havent taken anything seriously, and i've also understood from the general athmosphere that not other people are really serious in here either. I only see you taking this thread seriously. Lighten up and shut up.

"We're not flaming eachother, I'm just trying to flame everyone else"...
You really do sound arrogant when you say that. Clearly you have no understanding of JASS, because kill triggers can be more effective than abilities if written correctly. Abilities can be very good if done correctly, but it still requires work.
btw, trying to humiliate someone for no reason is probably considered flaming them.

C

CryptWizard

Could you define with an example, what is "written correctly"?

M

Mini-Me

Tonks said:
I'm humiliated. Absolutely thrashed me. I may as well give up map making now, I'm so embarrassed.
Not excacly an apology, but i'll take that.

Tonks said:
"We're not flaming eachother, I'm just trying to flame everyone else"...
You really do sound arrogant when you say that.
Umm, but im not saying that, you just put something you said in " " and then you say what you said sounds arrogant, i dont get it. Whats your point?

Tonks said:
Clearly you have no understanding of JASS, because kill triggers can be more effective than abilities if written correctly. Abilities can be very good if done correctly, but it still requires work.
Your earlier comments have already given away your knowledge about the world editor. You cant go saying vague things about jass when you clearly dont even know gui properly.

Tonks said:
btw, trying to humiliate someone for no reason is probably considered flaming them.
Isnt stupidity a reason enough? I think it is.

Tonks

Reaction score
CryptWizard said:
Could you define with an example, what is "written correctly"?
As in, a well-made trigger. Leaky triggers can ruin a good map.
such as, " every .1 seconds, set unit group variable to 10, set spawn variable region to Region 001, spawn 'unit group variable' footmen at 'spawn variable region'."
That kind of trigger would generate lag, and it's clearly 'written' poorly, because there are useless variables and it occurs much too frequently.
A 'correctly written' trigger would be "every .5 seconds, spawn 10 footman at region 001"
It's trimmed down, it's more efficient, and it doesn't leak.
It's not an excellent example, but it should get my point across.

dashival

Reaction score
Tonks said:
A 'correctly written' trigger would be "every .5 seconds, spawn 10 footman at region 001"
It's trimmed down, it's more efficient, and it doesn't leak.
Um.. doesn't that have a location leak, though?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.