Quantifying trigger-killed units

C

cH0d3

I'm trying to create a map where players are competing for the most kills, however there doesn't seem to be a way to keep track of them when they're killed by location-based triggers. Infact, I can't find a way to trigger the location whatsoever. I tried "brings atleast 1 unit to location" etc. for a condition, but it doesn't fire, maybe because the location is constantly being recentered onto a specific unit controlled by the player. The only way to do it seems to be "Kill all units at location for player" on a constant always/preserve trigger, and there's no way to detect whether or not there were any units present and how many, so score can't be kept by that method. Is there any way to accomplish this with StarEdit, and if not, is there any software that can?

C

Coop

I don't understand exactly what your trying to do, but maybe a leaderboard Action is the solution to your problem. Leaderboards can keep track of units killed.

C

Carlsagan43

When the trigger based killer runs, just add in an action to add to the score of the player.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.