Quest Triggers Help

T

trygon11

K what i have so far is this. hopefully i can get some help cuz its not workin proper

[Trigger 1]

Code:
Untitled Trigger 014
Events
Unit - A unit comes within 200.00 of Scryathor Merchant 0086 <gen>
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
Actions
Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Quest - Display to (All players controlled by a ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) player) the Quest Discovered message: Hello new adventure...
Quest - Create a Optional quest titled Stolen Merchandise with the description The Merchant outsid..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)[Trigger 2]

Code:
Untitled Trigger 016
Events
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
Conditions
Actions
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of Scryathor Merchant 0086 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl[trigger 3]

Code:
Untitled Trigger 017
Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
((Last created quest) is enabled) Equal to True
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Scryathor Emrald
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Flag of Peridion
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Keg of Barromine Rum
Actions
Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
Quest - Display to (All players controlled by a ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) controller) player) the Quest Update message: Oh! Thank you so mu...
Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
Hero - Add 250 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)Now the problem i have is that well k first off my hero will go to the quest giver the mark disapears and quest goes into my log. so far so good. alright now my hero gets the 3 items needed. into his inventory. goes back to the quest giver and nothing happens.

jpres

Reaction score
The problem is, you are trying to make it so one item is equal to three, you need three different triggers for this, also use variables, your coding is way too sloppy (no offense)

T

trygon11

k well your wrong because ive done it with 1 trigger [for the items] in an older version of my friends rpg and it worked. i just havent played in a long time. so ino theres a way.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
The problem is, you are trying to make it so one item is equal to three, you need three different triggers for this, also use variables, your coding is way too sloppy (no offense)
jpres is right actually.. Also did you overwrited the Last Created Quest by another quest ? Best is to set it to a variable

P.S Please write the code between CODE tags

Also you may add an Or any conditions--

and then all of those conditions.. or an And all conditions...

M

Master Mazer

Hang on, ill make you a quest 1... leme open editor... what you want quest to say?

*EDIT* Heres a quest, guessing you want it to say stuff about your map, this is what you should use.

Code:
Quest
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Quest - Create a Required quest titled Name here with the description What you want to sa..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNSylvanusWindrunner.blp
        Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
        Quest - Enable (Last created quest)

T

trygon11

i want the quest to do the folowing

unit enters region

recieve quest

the quest required the unit to go kill creps and get 3 certain items then return to the quest givier get rid of the items and give the hero 100gold and 250exp

also make the quest non-repeatable and optional

this is what i need for the quest if anyone can do it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.