Question about starting positions.

xLinksx

Reaction score
Hey, just started with the whole world editor thing. I'm trying to make a map and i'm having these newb problems. :D

One of them is about the starting positions. When I test out my map, it always starts with the worker building structure and five worker units around it. How can I make it so that it's just my custom hero killing neutral creeps and the blue enemy hero without the worker units?

Enki

Reaction score
Open trigger editor (F4) there you will see something like

Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

delete anything you like to.

xLinksx

Reaction score
Thats it?

So I just delete anything i'd like and the peasants will not appear when i start? lol. Worried what each specific trigger does.

Finestdeath

Reaction score
Read what each does. GUI is made so that triggers are easily readable and understandable. If you do not want your peasants and the town to appear, delete (Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)). Though, you will in the end delete the entire Trigger as it is pretty useless if u are making a custom map.

Edit: Sorry is Creating starting units. Didn't see =X

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
1.Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
2.Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
3.Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
4.Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
5.Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
6.Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
7.Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
8.Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

1. Used just for the in-game time, I think this starts the time at 06:00(morning)
2. Limits the trainable heroes in-game to whatever amount
3. Gives Scroll of Town Portal to a hero if he's trained
4. Sets the default gold and lumber, something like 500g and 200l,(probably editable in the default gameplay constants)
5.Removes the little animals like deer and pigs from the starting location
6.Creates the starting locations for your town hall and their builders etc
7. Runs the melee AI script, orders AI(computer players) to build their buildings and harvest gold and lumber etc and train units to come kill you^^
8. Makes sure that if you die your opponent wins or whatever the victory/defeat conditions were set to

If you're just starting out you can delete everything except the melee time(unless you want the map to start at midnight or whatever)

This pretty much explains them.. although you don't need a very high IQ to understand the GUI triggers, create a whole bunch and try and understand them, you'll catch on to em soon enough

xLinksx

Reaction score
Woot!

Awesome. Thanks guys. Really helpful. Obviously from what I see, the triggers are going to be a thron in my side for awhile.

I'll be posting some basic questions here from time to time. Sooner or later, i'm going to get good at this....right? hahaha. Thanks again guys.

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Well, a thorn they may be but without them I doubt we'd have any of the great maps we do today^^

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.