Questions about abilities

unju

Reaction score
Might be basic, right after posting these I will search around to see if I can find answers myself, but if you know them and can spend a minute answering I´ll be grateful.

1) How can you differentiate between different levels of an ability in triggers?

2) How to change the size (scaling value) of units via triggers, if possible at all?

3) How to make, if possible at all, howl of terror autocast (for instance)?

4) How to change attack speed via triggers?

5) How to change the sight radius via triggers?

Thanks!

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
for 3) i dont think any other than auto cast stuff can be auto casted...
and for 2) mayb u could use the effect of avarta but not the changin or addin any damage or life

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Np,

for size change

Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

reaad teh description, i knwo you mean scaling value, in that case, make all of them the same number, like 150.150.150.

Does grateful mean rep LOL :D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
i wish that if we be grateful to everyone and everyone gives rep+ than everyone will have like tones of repsyay i got +5 rep goody

G

Goauld

Well, he will give +1 rep with zero reputation, is it really so much that you give answers that you just guess are right?

Well, anyway, here's some correct ones:
1. Integer comparison has level of ability for unit
2. Answered by rayquaza218
3. Abilities are or aren't auto-castable, you can't make an existing one auto-castable if it isn't already. However you can try to trigger it with Essence of Blight or Spirit Touch, they are auto-cast abilities without a target. Like when your unit starts the effect of the ability create dummy unit which then casts the howl of terror. I won't work the right way, though.
4. The only way is to add/remove abilities which affect attack speed.
5. Again you have to add/remove Item Sight Range Bonus, you can use Ctrl+F inside the object editor to search for it.

unju

Reaction score
Thanks guys =) especially Goauld.
What is that "+1 rep" thing tho?

Auto-castable abilities with no target, just what I needed! Thx for reminding me about the statue abilities.

4. The only way is to add/remove abilities which affect attack speed.
5. Again you have to add/remove Item Sight Range Bonus, you can use Ctrl+F inside the object editor to search for it.
Hmmm what exactly you mean by this? I add them, and then remove them keeping their effects? How to do that? Sorry for the noob question.

G

Goauld

The scale thing at the top-right corner of each post adds/substracts reputation.

The problem with the Statue's abilities is that it auto-casts only when some nearby friendly unit's hp or mana is not full.

For attack speed you can use Item attack speed bonus, it has no icon and it must stay to get the effect, shift+double click on the value and you can make it to lower attack speed.

And the sight range can also be positive or negative and the effects are only in effect when a unit has the ability.

Be sure to change them to unit abilities when you make them.

Huh, anything else bothering you? :p

unju

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I added to your reputation. :)

Although I still don´t get the item/effects thing with sight radius and attack speed -I am at univ right now-, I think you have been kind enough and don´t want to bother you anymore.
Btw if you are really interested I have a cool map concept in mind, different from the Dotas, tower defenses and RPGs that I see are popular here.

G

Goauld

Well, just hassle around the editor and read some basic tutorials if you want, that's how you learn the editor. What I recommend is that you first make an altered melee map with a couple of custom units so that you learn how to terrain and use the object editor. And then move on to triggers. I made a mini footman war as my first map, some modified units and heroes and the needed triggers. An original map is always the best possible map to make, people are bored with maps that are only copies of other maps.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Ahhh what isit about, are you new at the helper? well welcome to the helper! lol, anyways, if your new to map making, read some tutorials on basic triggering, open up maps to check out stuff, and join a map making team to help out and learn at the same time, theres a fun and exciting project currently going on now, its called "The Helper" its an ORPG which heroes are based on TH people, its gonan be so fun... :D

links here http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=332201#post332201

unju

Reaction score
Thx guys.

This might sound a bit weird, naive and unrealistic, but I want to get done with my map as fast as possible, it´s actually a new idea of a game that I hope can be turned into a real one in the future. I want my map to show the basic gameplay, and also to know to know it it´s any fun. If it isn´t fun then it´s pointless to try to make a game out of it.
I really I am not looking to be a great map maker or master the wc3 editor :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.