radar tower

sheep

Reaction score
i need a condition that sound abit like this:
"If unit comes within range of unit-type"

I am making a tower witch workes like a radar. when a unit comes within a range of 1000 of it then it pling the minimap.. and just is it is said the radar have to be buildabel...
I cant finde eny conditions that will match my needs..

edit: just come to think of that the tower can also be diffined as a transporting unit.. or somthnig.. or what you call it when it can hold cargo.

Rad

Reaction score
Its not a condition, did you come from Starcrafts Campaign Editor? :rolleyes:

Event: Unit enters region(Point[Position of <Tower>] with size 800,800
Condition: Boolean - <Tower> is alive equal to True
Action: Game - Ping minimap at (Position of <Tower>) for .3 seconds for (Owner of <Tower>)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
uh, thats exactly what he said he can't do. Make a trigger with no events, that pings entering unit, and then make another trigger that detects when a radar is built, and adds an event to the first trigger - unit comes witin 1000 of (constructed unit). Tell me if it works.

sheep

Reaction score
Rad yours wont work becuse it have to be a buildabel unit..
and AgentPaper can you give an eksampel of whant you meen.. can you make a autcast of a trigger witch do what you discribe.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Code:
Radar Built
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Arcane Tower
    Actions
        Trigger - Add to Detect <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 1000.00 of (Constructed structure))
Code:
Detect
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Position of (Entering unit)) for 1.00 seconds

sheep

Reaction score
and then again... how do i make the right variable.. it is suppose to be buildabel by all players... do i need an array becuse then i need help.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

sheep

Reaction score
In that case i dont understand this

Trigger - Add to Detect <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within 1000.00 of (Constructed structure))

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The event "unit within range" only works with units that are already on the map.

So, you can't just use a generic "unit is in range of <some type> of structure"...

The two posted triggers
1. detect when a building of that type is done
2. add the event "unit within range" to an otherwise "empty" trigger

Works just as expected.

The only actual problem would be that the events will stay even when one of those structures is destroyed.
Then again... if it works :)

sheep

Reaction score
I still dont understand it..

where can i find the so called trigger.. and it is a variabel it contains?? :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.