Remove buff symbol for custom skill

Gurkengelee

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just made a custom skill based on roar. The skill shall do nothing but is used for a trigger to show the player a dialog. Well I removed everything from the skill that looked like a visual effect but if the units use the skill they still get a buff symbol over their head and in the character screen. Any way to change that or do I have to take another skill? If so, which one would you recommend?

Regards
Gurkengelee

istar

Reaction score
why dont you just use the spell 'channel'?
check did you change
art-caster
stats-buff
you can try changing allowed targets to something else that your units arent
o, wait, did you use triggers to activate the skill? it may be a conflict with the original roar skill
if you cast it using trigger and the skills (roar and modified roar) have the same id, it will cast both

Gurkengelee

Reaction score
Well the spell has to be a unit spell and channel is a herospell if I am not mistaken. And yeah I also erased everything in art-caster and stat-buff but it still has the arts ingame. I am quite confused :(

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> channel is a herospell

With "is a hero spell" on false, it isn't.

Then again, there's other abilities, like Charge Gold and Lumber...
Or whatever really, just use one that doesn't have a buff.

Gurkengelee

Reaction score
Hm but I need one that is not targeted. Oh and I just tried it with channel but it won´t show up on the character Oo.

Edit: Ok now it works! I used Fan of Knives and made it a non hero skill. Thanks for your help! You are really fast :)

istar

Reaction score
for channel
data-option visible
data-target type no target
follow through time is channeling time if i am not wrong
stats hero ability - false
eh, as for roar, i tested, strange indeed, it gives a buff on the caster without stats-buff
but i tried making roar buff itself to nothing, it works, the buff is no longer there

DiFm

Reaction score
wait i have a follow up question. IF you remove the buff with triggers will the units stil lrecieve the effects oflets say slow or terrorfying howl.

I am making a terror fying howl that is supposed to slow all units also but i dont want the unit to get 2 buffs.

istar

Reaction score
why would your ability have 2 buffs? if you set it in object editor to have 1 buff, it would just have 1 buff isnt it?

DiFm

Reaction score
First i cast terrorfying howl then i make dummy units cast slow on all those units i dont want the slow to have any visible buffs.

DiFm

Reaction score
Yea That's why i asked if by using the action remove specific buff would remove the effect from the skill.

I thought it would be just cool to remove the buff in Object editor but then it still seems to show the buff.

istar

Reaction score
removing buff using trigger removes the effects of the spell
the buff in (stats-buff) in object editor is purely graphical, effect is still there
some ability have buff graphics hardcoded in them, try using other base ability, or you can edit the buff themselves to have no graphics

DiFm

Reaction score
Tried thast but changing the icon to no icon doesnt work either. Seems its very hardcoded. Then any ideas for slow that dont give buffs?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.