Removing a piece of a model causes weirdness

gameshow

Reaction score
Working on a gothic/horror map and have need of some bats. Found what i wanted in the missile projectile of carrion swarm. Managed to remove all teh ribbons and particles too. Problem is, there are two bats with looping animatinos that i'd like to remove, but when I scale them down to nothing, I get really weird behavior. Can any modelers out there point me in the right direction? I have magos' war3modeleditor. i also ahve maya, but no tools to convert the .mdx and .mdl files so that I can manipulate them in other software.

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Working on a gothic/horror map and have need of some bats. Found what i wanted in the missile projectile of carrion swarm. Managed to remove all teh ribbons and particles too. Problem is, there are two bats with looping animatinos that i'd like to remove, but when I scale them down to nothing, I get really weird behavior. Can any modelers out there point me in the right direction? I have magos' war3modeleditor. i also ahve maya, but no tools to convert the .mdx and .mdl files so that I can manipulate them in other software.

I'm no good at modeling, but couldn't you just remove the animations?

8uY_YoU

Reaction score
I think Nope using the model editor..
The same thing happen to me when editing the dreadlord, i scale the wings to 0 but when it attack the wings grow, so the wings must be removed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.