Replacing ability with an upgraded version

Squirel

Reaction score
You need a trigger so that when a unit acquires an item, it removes the old spell then adds the new one then sets the level of the new one to the level of the old one.

IDF_ALLAH

Reaction score
I tried

event: Ama 0402 <gen> Learns a skill
condition: Learned Hero Skill Equal to Improve Sunder
action: Add Sunder2 to hero
Set level of Sunder2 to level of Sunder1
Remove Sunder1 from triggering hero

I ended up with two Sunders

Squirel

Reaction score
Try setting the value of sunder1 to a variable before removing it then setting the new one to the variable, or giving the item an ability like Tinker's Engineering Upgrade that changes the spell. I'm not exactly sure how Engineering Upgrade works, but it does almost exactly what you're looking for...

IDF_ALLAH

Reaction score
What if my passive only has one level? Does that still work? How do I get it to replace the one inside the Spells picking menu? It still has the ability there even if I remove it. ( The dota one replaces the one inside the menu )

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Use engineering upgrade. Engineering upgrade basically totally "Upgrades" a spell into another. If the item containing "Engineering upgrade" is removed, your "Upgraded skill" would revert to its original skill.

Kuberr24

Reaction score
If the item containing "Engineering upgrade" is removed, your "Upgraded skill" would revert to its original skill.

Wasn 't that bugged? I thought removing enginerring upgrade causes the skill to disappear entrirely.

Anyway, heo doesn't want an item, he wants a pssive skill. Well good for you, engineering upgrade IS a passive skill. now, engineering upgrade will always try to upgrade 4 spells. to make it so only 1 spell is improved, make sure the other spells ARE NOT on the hero. for example, if engineering upgrade will upgrade these skills:

-sunder
-polka dance
-pokemon strike
-power puff boy

because your hero only has sunder, he will only upgrade sunder, and not the other 3 skills.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.