replacing units

guneruh

Reaction score
Hi, i used the replace units to morph heroes, like druid to bear, or druid to cat, but when the druid morphs from 1 to another unit his mana and health gets completely restored, i tried to correcting it with triggers, but nothing always get full restored :S is any way i used this trigger but doesnt works
Code:
Forma sombras Copiar
    Acontecimientos
        Unidad - A unit Inicia el efecto de una habilidad
    Condiciones
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Igual a Sacerdote Forma de las sombras
        (Ability being cast) Igual a Forma normal 
    Acciones
        Unidad - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Sacerdote Sombras using El anciano familiar de la unidad life and mana
        Héroe - Set (Triggering unit) Hero-level to 40, Ocultar level-up graphics
        Unidad - Set life of (Triggering unit) to (Percentage life of (Last replaced unit))
        Unidad - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to (Percentage mana of (Last replaced unit))

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Once the unit has been replaced, the previous unit is gone...
If you need any values of it, save them first.

Though, doesn't "unit - replace" already come with some options on mana and health from the previous unit?

That said, don't morph Heroes into units or the other way around.
Only ever morph Heroes into Heroes, and units into units.

Actually, can't you just use "Bear Form" for example?

guneruh

Reaction score
cohadar= is just one of the heroes i morph have 2 morph skills, one to bear and another to cat, for the other heroes quemical rage could be the solution but, do u know another habilty than can morph hero to hero?
AceHeart= bear form doesnt work on heroes, if i use it the hero gets bugged or dissapears or gets to lvl 1 again.
another thing: chemical rage morph the hero into another one? because when my heroes gets morphed they get different skills, so i would like to know that.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
cohadar= is just one of the heroes i morph have 2 morph skills, one to bear and another to cat, for the other heroes quemical rage could be the solution but, do u know another habilty than can morph hero to hero?
Demon hunters ult?

guneruh

Reaction score
ok i tried chemical fury and doesnt morphs... when time is up wc3 gets error and wc3 gets closed... i would really need know how to at least low the replaced health to 50% or something like that

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> bear form doesnt work on heroes, if i use it the hero gets bugged or dissapears or gets to lvl 1 again.

Maybe. But that's not a problem of Bear Form.

That said:
> i tried chemical fury and doesnt morphs

"It doesn't work" is not a very good problem description.
What units are you trying this on, and, are there any triggers that would run when they try to morph?

guneruh

Reaction score
no triggers on the new custom skill based on chemical rage, heroes: a shadow priest with X/X/X/X UNIT skills into a shadow form priest with x/x/x/x UNIT skills but both are heroes. the chemical rage lasts 15 sec, unitl this seconds the first hero doesnt morph into the second one and i dunno why all his skills dissapear, when the 15 seconds are gone the wc3 gets bugged and sends error. but nevermind, i used a trigger so the morphed hero gets 20% hp and mana.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
here you go:

Attachments

• chemical rage example.w3x
    12.4 KB · Views: 147

guneruh

Reaction score
nah i tried but first tiem sent error, and second time i was changing and just or changes the hero mesh or changes the skills bugging him totally FE: i morph to normal to shadow and it keeps looking like normal but skills change, after that i clic again and changes to shadow look with shadow skills, i click again to desactivate (or activate i dont know) and doesnt works now

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
You did not set all fields correctly.
Pay close attention how it is done it the map I posted.

Both forms must have morph ability + on morph ability you must set
Alternate Form Unit properly.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
IIRC, Acid Rage is like Avatar. While Metamorphises, Bear/Crow/Destoryer Form will be usefull. What you are facing is that you did not make a "Hero" Morphed unit. A hero must morph into a hero. not into a unit.

guneruh

Reaction score
so even if the first unit is not a alquemist i must let him as an alquemist?, and durability it must be infinite, dead time i set 1 second, and u didnt changed anything else, so whats the problem? i choosed alternate form correctly and in normal form i choosed the other one.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use another ability. As Acid Rage does not change the unit. It merely make the unit play the alternate animation.

guneruh

Reaction score
... of course u didnt changed nothing just the alternative form, custom heroes, and nothing else, if theres anything else tell me what it is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.