Gaming Review: Hard-Core Fans Will Love 'Doom'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
From "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" to "Super Mario Bros.," I've seen enough video game-to-movie conversions to know just how painful they can be to watch. Now comes "Doom," a new movie based on a game where the whole point is dishing out as much pain as possible to endless waves of monsters.

Let's dispense with the obvious: In both the movie and the game, the stories are weak and character development just gets in the way of the carnage.

Though I squirmed more at the one-liner bombs dropped by Sarge (The Rock) than the buckets of spattered blood, I still have to give it some credit: the movie is nowhere near as bad as it could have been.

And if what I witnessed at a packed screening in Dallas is any indication, hardcore fans of the game will love it.

Last edited:

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Heck yeah! It was the ownage.

You could tell they made it for Doom fans, since they used alot of FPS style cameras.

The FPS part was awesome, because all the gun movements and foot movements were directly from the game. Most of the sets were also directly from the game as well.

My mom went and screamed bloody marry when the first szombie showed itself. lol. It was funny because the person who was a few rows behind us jumped when she screamed and his popcorn went flying in the air.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I've seen all of but one of the Rock's movies. (Be Cool didn't really appeal to me, much...) So I'll probably go see this one if it's bloody :D And has the Rock :D And is bloody! :D

My mom went and screamed bloody marry when the first szombie showed itself. lol. It was funny because the person who was a few rows behind us jumped when she screamed and his popcorn went flying in the air.

Deja vu...

I went to see The Grudge with a few friends when it came out, however long ago. Remember the part where the dead girl walks into her old place of work, and her old boss follows her?

And slips on the blood?

Not a single damn person screamed when the girl turns around and is missing her jaw. But when that damn guy slips, well, my ears were ringing for the rest of the movie -.- Idiots.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
yeah, doom was awesome. The whole theater stayed quiet the whole time.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
1) Of course it going to own, its Doom, lol :D
and 2) y do u use yahoo when Gamespot owns it? www.gamespot.com

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.