Riddles Annyone interested or have Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imortal

Q:I am known as a red tongue of the Earth, that buries cities, what am I?

~Jindo[/QUOTE]

is the answer to that volcano?

iqchicken

Reaction score
ya... i'm on the fence with riddle 5.... it doesn't really make any sense... yet the answer is there if you look....

S

SuckyDucky

Q: You throw me away when you need me, you bring me in when you do not need my anymore. What am I?

An anchor

S

SuckyDucky

omg, I still don't get lvl 2 :banghead:

This man's father is my father's son... Is the the askers son? I don't get it :confused:

lllidan

Reaction score
imortal said:
...uh ur map is really cool and all but i dont get level 5.... or watever one is the number one.. but i have beaten the game with like 2 others so yea....
*sniff* *cough* :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yes hardly anyone got the number one. The answer was dice, but I replaced that riddle :) .

That's a good one sucky.

As for the "this man's father is my father's son" riddle, the man that syas that is referring to the man standing next to him that says, hello. I could've just had hin say "Here I have a photo, and the man in the photo..." but this way confuses you more. :p
btw following, that thread is a thread I posted for this map, yet that pig-kid posted a walkthrough to another map. Don't ask me why. :)

lllidan

Reaction score
I am now adding a teleport maze. Memorize it while you can. :)

Attachments

• Maze.gif
    Maze.gif
    141 KB · Views: 590
M

MysticalTt

Here are some:

Until I am measured, I am not known, yet how you miss me when I have
flown.
Time

I never was, yet always will be. I am never seen, yet always come. I
can carry nothing, yet hold much for some.
Tomorrow

Who makes it has no need of it. Who buys it has no use for it. Who
uses it has no knowledge of it.
A coffin

People assume my beggining and no one knows my end but I am the longest road that many have tread. But I hold the key to all truths within my very head.
History

S

SuckyDucky

Haha, I completed it now :D I loved the "Lets take a brake" and "On the right.", they made me scratch a head quite a long time :D Now... I'm gonna think of some more riddles... (Highlight answers)

Q: Rugged and white
A symbol of fear
Kept within creatures
Knowledge lies here

A: A skull

Q: A hole in me is sometimes good
For a portal between spots
A lack of me, there is in nature
In cities there are lots.

A: A wall

I should be able to think of some more later :D

iqchicken

Reaction score
* How many letters are in the alphabet?

* What row of numbers comes next?

* What state is surrounded by the most water?

* A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?

* If you were running a race, and you passed the person in 2nd place, what place would you be in now?

* He starts and ends 2 common English words. One painfull in love, One painfull in everyday matter. Do you know what 2 words I must be?

* I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
Yet I can be found in everybody;
My existence is always in debate;
Yet I have my own style of music.
What Am I?

* What kind of cheese is made backwards?

* The word CANDY can be spelled using just 2 letters. Can you figure out how?

* A man was born in 1955. He's alive and well today at age 33. How is this possible?

* Bill bets Craig $100 that he can predict the score of the hockey game before it starts. Craig agrees, but loses the bet. Why did Craig lose the bet?

* What is the next 3 letters in this riddle?
o t t f f s s _ _ _

* I soar without wings, I see without eyes.
I've traveled the universe to and fro.
I've conquered the world, yet I've never been anywhere but home.
Who am I?

* A woman shoots her husband.
Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes.
Finally, she hangs him.
But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together.
How can this be?

* What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
As stated earlier I think the game should have more non-text riddles so there is a nice balance between the 2 :)

Also in level 1 have all the buttons being pressed down (killed) untill needed!

iqchicken

Reaction score
nah, text riddles are good. what you should really do is make the map size epic and give this thing a save/load. Why not make a masterpiece out of it? :D

lllidan

Reaction score
Damn you read my mind. :) But I don't know about a masterpiece. raging, how can I make a riddle (not a puzzle) without doing the text thing?

Oh and I saw that little quiz thing on the internet that you posted iqchicken. I thought those were the gayest riddles I ever saw. :)

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Well yes it would be a puzzle but isent a puzzle just a active riddle? It would bring some more stuff into the map, besides you already have 1 puzzle in level 1 (very simple though) :)

Puzzles are great fun if made properly.

Another thing, how come the filesize is this huge? You should remove the custom music, makes no difference anyways.

Also when you examine your team mates it should not just do nothing, everything you are able to examine should have some sort of a response. Maybe nothing special but atleast something like "This is your friend "player name" or something. Maybe even different responses from examining your team mates, just for fun, every small detail counts :)

lllidan

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of doing something like that, but screw it I'm lazy. :) Besides, at one point in the map, you will have to use the examine ability on each other, and then it will display something.

Oh and there will be plenty puzzles (did you see the big teleport maze picture I posted above) I just need to think of some. If anyone has ideas, please post them.

PS Did you figure out #3 yet?

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Well maybe have some items along the way that you can examine? Just for fun, like the old point and click games in 2d where you can look at stuff and your guy comments it :)

iqchicken

Reaction score
gayest riddles I ever saw

yeah.. level 5 is the gayest riddle ever... lol.. it's not even a riddle..

it should be the map itself that holds the riddle.. not a hidden chunk of the game interface... :rolleyes: :nuts:

lllidan

Reaction score
Updated the map. Added a bunch of new riddles (two levels worth, some from here :) ) and I removed the song, ya happy now? :(

DL is almost instant now, okay I lied the song was 3 megs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.