Rotating units and buildings

Lupo

Reaction score
How do i do this in the editor.... and when im playing the actual map?

If its even possible =)

Thanks!

Yizzy

Reaction score
I don't really know what you want but..

Trigger:
  • Unit - Make <A unit> face Default building facing (270.0) over 0.00 seconds

would rotate a unit to an angle, in game.. in the editor change facing in unit properties (double click)...

buildings would be harder, AceHart made a tutorial on Hero Towers, you should be able to rotate a building with that setup, but there might be an better/easier way..

Lupo

Reaction score
I need it so that when im deciding where i want to place the structure i have a choice to rotate the wall/gate so it can face different ways.

I'm trying to make it so i can build walls and gate and have them face anyway i want without having to make seperate buildings for a vertical wall and a horrizontal wall i need it so i can just rotate it.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
I need it so that when im deciding where i want to place the structure i have a choice to rotate the wall/gate so it can face different ways.

I'm trying to make it so i can build walls and gate and have them face anyway i want without having to make seperate buildings for a vertical wall and a horrizontal wall i need it so i can just rotate it.

Impossible, messes up Pathing Map

Yizzy

Reaction score
I guess you would need to change the pathing map with triggers to do that, I don't think that is possible, sorry

ryerye1996

Cool Member
Reaction score
If you want it done in the editor just double click the unit (make sure the unit palette is up) and it will show you a bunch of stuff. just change the Facing (deg)

JuiceBox

Reaction score

This IS possible. Just use the Unit - Replace Unit with ______ facing ____ degrees using old unit's current health/mana. :)

EDIT:

OR give the wall/gate an ability.
Event: A unit begins casting an ability
Condition: Ability being cast is [RotateWall/GateSpell]
Action: Replace triggering unit with (unit-type of triggering unit) facing [you can use an integer variable here] with triggering unit's current health/mana

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.