Rpg Maker

Jonhpath

Reaction score
TopaZ is the guy that made the map, he did not made a public downloadable version of hes rpg maker.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
they probably are those dirty rotten no good map-[Edit]:un-protectors that we hear so much about, and probably live in my closet too

Z

Zell

they probably are those dirty rotten no good map-protectors that we hear so much about, and probably live in my closet too
Map protection is dirty? I guess you've never released a map. I doubt you'd want someone taking your masterpiece, editing the loadscreen / credits to say that they made it. Or even worse, look at DotA. People make their own fake versions with hidden triggers that give gold or some totally imbalance skill to their hero.

Map protection is great, but once a map makes it to the main stream with multiple versions, an older version should be openned for learning purposes.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
whoops, meant map-un-protectors, those guys that go around unprotecting people's maps, then stealing their ideas without permission

...or they simply got permission

no, I don't think protecting is bad. It's completely up to you whether or not you make your personal ideas open-source or not
Also, no I haven't released a map yet, but I have a mac, and I don't think there is a protector for macs :( so I guess I'll just rep open-source!

V

vaporeon14

Doesnt matter if its protected or not..

Maps can be hacked even if they're protected... i found a tutorial of someone hacking a protected map without a unprotecter... you just use JassCraft... Im not going to say how because i hate people hacking maps. if you want to avoid your map getting hacked ask Vexen.X i think he has anti-hack stuff in his map because iv'e never seen a hacked ver of his map...
Im asking for a unprotected ver of his map to learn from, just what the person above said. you should have permission to acces a map

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.