Save Codes

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
Krofttt said:
have the code dived into 2 sections. And make the sections switch based on the experince of the unit.
Then you wouldn't be able to get the exp of the unit, to tell if it should switch it back.

Krofttt

Reaction score
just set ranges of experience.

1-100

codepart 1 + codepart2

100-200

codepart 2 = codepart 1.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Korolen said:
That one is (Excuse my French) shit. You can just increase one value, and you get one more strength. Use a REAL code system, there are a few on wc3sear.ch, but none of them (as of yesterday) are all that good. Mine will conquer all, and totally 0wn all t3m n00bs t4t m4de th0se sh1tty c0de sys1ems.

Oh, and PS, I just finished my cipher, I am just tying everything together, and it will be done :D
let me get a hit on that shit to
meaning(let get the map too)

Korolen

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
let me get a hit on that shit to
meaning(let get the map too)
wtf? Whats that suppost to mean? Please type clearer.

And Krofttt, it wouldnt work because when you load the code, it couldn't get the experience to see if it is switched, and if it should switch it back, because it would be switched. (Geez tats confusing)

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Korolen said:
wtf? Whats that suppost to mean? Please type clearer.

And Krofttt, it wouldnt work because when you load the code, it couldn't get the experience to see if it is switched, and if it should switch it back, because it would be switched. (Geez tats confusing)
can you send me the code system too

Korolen

Reaction score
Yea, when I am done with the "release" version, I'll post it somewhere, for download for all.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Korolen said:
A few things about that "code":You could easily see where it puts in the first three letters, and replace those someone elses code with your letters, and get thier code. Not that that would be neccecary, as you could easily forge a code, with a super high hero, super high attributes, ext. Also, as for length, that would be much longer then a JASS version, because all the numbers you put in, they could be overlapped with the next value, shortining the code greatly. Besides, it is probably easier for people to put in my über code, then it would be to make thier own shïtty code.
That was just for the raw code, of course you would add lots of stuff to encrypt it. like having a number/letter in front that said what encryption to use(the simple A=5 B=R C=O etc.), and then maybe another one that tells you how to re-arrange them (From ABCD to CBAD or ADCB, etc.) the said numbers would of course be in a fixed spot, and not be encrypted.

Korolen

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
That was just for the raw code, of course you would add lots of stuff to encrypt it. like having a number/letter in front that said what encryption to use(the simple A=5 B=R C=O etc.), and then maybe another one that tells you how to re-arrange them (From ABCD to CBAD or ADCB, etc.) the said numbers would of course be in a fixed spot, and not be encrypted.
A JASS code would still be shorter. I'll admit that you can make a OK (If somewhat long triggered) code in the GUI, but you just can't get it better then something JASS can do. For example, ZTD Survivor has 2056 triggers, for it's code, and it is about 10 chars long, and it stores True or False. My code could be three chars long, and store with the same security. Tag Your it has a 11 length code, and stores a number between 1 and 100. It has a security of one in 26, and you can load someone else's code, with a little modification. A JASS version could do that in 2 characters (Acually, it would then be a one in 12 security, but with three characters, it would be one in 47). I can go onnnnn and onnnnn and on.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Wow, those aren't long because they didn't use JASS (you never even mentioned a useful function), they just plain aren't good at making the code. True-false should be just 1 or 0, then encrypt it all you want, maybe having a max of 6 digits if you protect it a bunch. You can make a perfectly fine and functioning code setter/encrypter with just 1 (though long) trigger in GUI.

Korolen

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Wow, those aren't long because they didn't use JASS (you never even mentioned a useful function), they just plain aren't good at making the code. True-false should be just 1 or 0, then encrypt it all you want, maybe having a max of 6 digits if you protect it a bunch. You can make a perfectly fine and functioning code setter/encrypter with just 1 (though long) trigger in GUI.
Lets say you wanted to have your code be numbers and letters. Your code stores a string of two letters, and then 8 digits of number. The string is "k0", and the number is "00092192". With the GUI, the output (before encription) would be "k000092192", with JASS, (If you use my meathod), the output (before encription) would be "k0b9e6", much shorter.

BTW, my "release" version should be out in a week, but it may delay, because I may be busy. The "release" version makes it easy to store whatever you want in the code, without having to understand what is going on :p

Krofttt

Reaction score
why cant u have a trigger that searches just for a range of numbers?
i dont think switching the code alround makes it impossible to load...

Korolen

Reaction score
Think about it: Lets say that if your exp is an even number, then the code is switched. Your exp is an odd number. The code is givin, and not switched. When they type in it, the program looks for the exp at place 3, and sees that is an odd number, and that it doens't need to switch it. Now lets say that your exp is an even number. The givin code is switched. When you load the code, the trigger looks for the exp at place 3, but findes other misilanious stuff, because the code was switched.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Korolen said:
Lets say you wanted to have your code be numbers and letters. Your code stores a string of two letters, and then 8 digits of number. The string is "k0", and the number is "00092192". With the GUI, the output (before encription) would be "k000092192", with JASS, (If you use my meathod), the output (before encription) would be "k0b9e6", much shorter.
-.- You wtill haven't proven the usefulness of JASS here, The only thing I've seen JASS do that GUI can't is destroying memory leaks, which just takes 1 line of custom code. (we should get a faq on that line of code, saying each one to destroy each type of data variable)

Korolen

Reaction score
Dog mnad ti. Can you do a function in GUI? Can you do Local Variables in GUI? Can you do Unit Vars in GUI? Can you do a Bitwise Symetric Key Criptographic Cipher in GUI? The answer is no, to all of them. Those things make programming Warcraft so much easier, and even if you can do them in the GUI, like through dummies, or Globalset functions, JASS makes everything alot easier, and unlocks a world of things that I thought impossible before I found "Convert to Custom Text", and wondered what that did.

Krofttt

Reaction score
Korolen said:
Think about it: Lets say that if your exp is an even number, then the code is switched. Your exp is an odd number. The code is givin, and not switched. When they type in it, the program looks for the exp at place 3, and sees that is an odd number, and that it doens't need to switch it. Now lets say that your exp is an even number. The givin code is switched. When you load the code, the trigger looks for the exp at place 3, but findes other misilanious stuff, because the code was switched.

make two seprate load systems. a dialog that lets u choose ur type of code type b or type a. if a is choosen run this load trigger. if b choosen use this load trigger.

simple?

Korolen

Reaction score
Krofttt said:
make two seprate load systems. a dialog that lets u choose ur type of code type b or type a. if a is choosen run this load trigger. if b choosen use this load trigger.

simple?
That means that the person would have to write down the type if code, which is basicly the same as having a letter on the front of the code.

Korolen

Reaction score
Krofttt said:
the letter cant be part of the code that switches fragments....
Or you could just use Kode (as jeffandsnoop called it).

Korolen

Reaction score
Krofttt said:
is kode uncrackable?
The answer is yes, unless you get a profetional enigma breaker on the job, in wich it would take a loooooong time. The only way to break the code, is to open the map and extract the algorithms, and if the map is protected, then almost nobody (except me =p) can get the code.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.