Selection Circle on Ability Cast

Bauf

Reaction score
I'm starting to get really hyped up for the starcraft 2 editor. So I decided to go back to the war3 editor and make some games. I'm working on a really neat idea and I need some help.

I have to remove the selection circles that appear when a unit is right clicked, or is targeted with an ability. There isn't a option for this under the game interface menu so I was wondering if anyone knew the file path to overwrite this model.

Example: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2517/helperl.jpg

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you may change the selection scale of the unit type you want the circle to disappear to -5.00 in the object editor. this will have 2 effects. first of all, the selection circle will disappear completely (for all players, even the owner) and the healthbar above its head will disappear as well (because its size is adjusted to the selection circle).

if you dont want the healthbar to disappear you will most probably have to overwrite the selection circle model with an empty file.

the path is: UI\Feedback\SelectionCircle\SelectionCircle.mdl

Bauf

Reaction score
The selection circle size worked perfectly. I already had health bars disabled so I had no issues. I can't believe I didn't think about that before coming here. Thanks for your help. +

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Well, looks like you have it solved adequately, but there's also this:
Trigger:
  • Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.