Servitude: The Throne

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Finally
I got my computer back... no bugs... finals are over... Christmas is over... time to get back to work

What it is

This would probably be most easily described as a RPG/AOS hybrid
What Happens is you pick out your heroand start out neutral.
You do quests and kill stuff to modify your "Allignment"
to either good or evil. The objective being to kill the enemy base. This gets
easier as you gain levels and alignment, because certain items can only be
used by heroes of a certain alignment.

Picking out your Hero
In this map you start out by picking your race (humans, elves, dwarves,
undead, orcs) and then your "genre" of hero (melee, ranged, magic) then from there you pick out the class that you can be depending on that race and
genre. Each race, and each Genre gets a specific skill. So there is a bit of customization.

Unique (as far as I have seen) Features
  • you can change your alignment
  • non-cooperative, but not "open" RPG
  • New-ish Magic System (spellbook style, but with "schools")
  • Race/Genre specification

Other Non-Original Features
  • save/load system (thanks to AceHeart)
  • all of the cool abilities are triggered
  • dungeons
  • class-restricted items (spellcasters can't use swords)
  • only one item of a given type (melee, bow, etc.)

Now a few Screenshots

a Duelist at the Evil Capitol City, by the Shops
Picture1-7.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Fighter at the Good Capitol City
Picture2-2.png
a sorcerer using Frost Shock, a triggered ability (this was a hard screenshot to capture, since I am just using the Shift-Apple-4 screen cap on a mac, believe me it looks really awesome in-game)
Picture4-1.png
basically a perfect Screenshot of the Necromancer's Ultimate Darkness Spell, Black Hole (all of the little "ghost" smudges used to be enemy units)
Picture2-3.png
an In-Editor pic of "The Oldest Oak" which is an entry point into the 1st Dungeon (Below the Oak)
Picture3-1.png
The Starting Location
Picture1-8.png
Some Sweet Sorcerer Spell Pics

Static Orb, Launches an orb at the opponent that....
Picture3-2.png

Explodes on Contact
Picture4-2.png

Tundra Strike, Freezes all opponents in the blast radius for 60 secs, and permanently changes the ground
Picture5-2.png

I didn't take another one, but in about a second those enemies get encased in ice

Completion Statistics
Abilities---------60%
Terraining------30%
Units------------15%
Triggering-------70%
non quest related triggering is basically done (96%)
Items------------10%

As you can see, it is a ways away from completion
but just wanted to put the idea out here, so I can get new ideas/feedback

Log (on the off chance anyone is interested)
The Cleric is basically done, but needs some fleshing out
Elven Race is basically complete
Since the good comp was gone, I worked on a backup copy (ty external HD) and eliminated mad leaks

What I would like help with
Basically Ideas and Feedback
Mainly Feedback
What do you like? What do you not like?
What should I focus on?

also, Item ideas would be nice, but I haven't really racked my brain for that just yet.

Last, but not least, I am wondering if anyone would like to work with me more in-depth on this
basically Questing. Quest Ideas, Dungeon Ideas, Quest Scripts/Triggers
At any rate, if this project sounds like something you might be interested in, Lemmie know

*****I realized that I need to create creeps up to level 100 :O, requesting anyone to help crunch those numbers*****

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Like admins and mods have said to me...only bump after 24 hours, not 3 :p

Anyway it looks sorta good.

The good bad idea I will bet you got from a game *cough Fable cough* :D

But all in all, i looks interesting.

There's your feedback now give me rep XD :p :D

W

WhoIsJG

Necromancer spell idea. Something like the info for Finger of Death in DOTA "turn a unit/player inside-out". Use the Death animation (blood and body parts explode out) that would play 3-4 times. On top of hurting the hero maybe the body parts that fly out turn into skellies that attack the hero as well.

As far as the Good/Bad concept, it wasnt original in Fable either (Black and White for example) so dont worry about it, its still a fun theme.

Knocksious

Reaction score
yea.... but I don't think fable did a good job with it, because you were always "sort-of" good, because you could never really ally with the bandits, or anything, and most of the quests were sorta "good"

as far as originality goes, I meant original as far as WC3 maps go

Knocksious

Reaction score
*bump for update*

*added a new request, hope this double-bump is alright, the last one wasn't near the peak hours, so I think it got lost in the cracks*

morno

Reaction score
isent the last screenshot from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time? i really loved the game! but i can't play it becouse i dont have a N64! OMG!! i miss it!

Knocksious

Reaction score
haha, no, that is actually from my map, pretty good-looking then eh?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
F13/Print Screen/Apple-Shift-3 are all ways to take better screenshots.

More info about the enemy base please.

Knocksious

Reaction score
Would you Like A Screenshot?

Heres a Screenie. Photobucket is down, so I had to use ImageShack

this is a SS of the minimap in WE, the yellow box is around the portion of the evil city that can be seen in the previous
Or Story-Type Info?
This City (currently unnamed) was founded by a jealous demon (also currently unnamed) and is the stronghold for his operations in the land where this all takes place (also currently unnamed :D)
Or More Info in General?
It has the negative version of everything in the good city
A capitol, 3 shops (basic,upgrade,and demonic/ultimate) and that flaming stone thingy is the evil equivalent of a Fountain of Life/Mana
It also has houses for the denizens (called minions) and eventually will have guards patroling the streets and minions just hanging out, maybe chopping trees

Knocksious

Reaction score
Major Update
Servitude: The Throne is now a fully-functioning (but crappy) AoS

What I mean to say, is that the raw skeletal structure of the AoS part of this map is 100% Finito!

This is progress

Also, Necromancer is Done, if you want screenshots of more abilities, just lemmie know

GreatDivide

Reaction score
hey nice map, i hope it turns out to be succesful :D :D nice skills especially the black hole thing;) :p
and is there gonna be a nature or water mage hero or somethin:rolleyes: :rolleyes: hope there is anyway i hope i can try it out soon and oh uh more screenies pls:shades:

Knocksious

Reaction score
Glad you like it!

I'll post more screens for sure when I get back to my regular computer

As far as mages go, because of the vast ammounts of spells associated with any given magical unit, I won't have a plain "Water" mage in the first release

the 3 magic classes (in the first release) are going to be
Sorceror (fire, ice, lightning)
Necromancer (decay, darkness, death(raise dead))
Cleric (holy, inspiration, light(healing))

figure that for each school there are at least 5 spells
and possibly more

and I dont like doing "simple damage" type spells
so the spells take A LOT of work

I might add, later on, either a water mage or a book of water spells as an item or something, but for the near forseeable future, I will stick with these classes

a VERY VERY prototype mage class is the Geomancer, which would be a Magic str sublclass

That might have what you would be looking for

Knocksious

Reaction score
any mod go ahead and remove this post, I just wanted to ask, since I want to put up summore screenshots (as per requests), and I don't wanna overtax the system more than my fair share, should I be taking down screens as I put them up? Or can the server handle the Photobucket way of photo sharing pretty well?

GreatDivide

Reaction score
Yey BETA yahoo!!!!!! me gonna try wahahahaha:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

Knocksious

Reaction score
keep in mind, this isn't really a BETA beta, it's more of a sampling of what this game is kind-of going to be like

there is basically 1 of everything you are going to find when the game is complete

1 or 2 awesome items

2 spellcasters

3 melee units

1 ranged unit

1 quest

1 dungeon

I just want to see if the methods that I am using so far create a somewhat balanced, enjoyable game.

I also want to see, if at this point, one unit is massively overpowered, because that could be the difference when I test against creeps for balancing issues

Bear in mind that my computer that runs it is in the repair shop and they said UP TO a week, from today, was the date I get it back. I still have the map on every single available hard drive in my posession, but they are all slow processors, and it wouldn't be cool to lag out on my own beta test :p

Knocksious

Reaction score
er.... no

what I mean to say, is that I need to run a basic BETA test to see if there is one hero that is super-overpowered, so I know not to test creeps against them (balancing can be done later)

I also want to see if everything I have is working, since any additional features will basically be variations of the same code

I'm basically seeing if the game CORE is working as expected, without too much lag for the average player, and as MUI as I can make it

This is not a real BETA test, but that's what I call it since that is so widely recognized as a multiplayer test

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.