Several questions of varying topics

D

Dr4gonL0rd

1. If I create, say 30 units at some region, and then put the special effect of a red dragon's projectile on all of them, how would I (through triggers I suppose) destroy the special effect when one of those units dies? I dont want to destroy all of the FX on all of the units when one unit dies.

2. How do I put a special effect on the bottom of a unit? The WE wants me to convert string to w/e, but I cant seem to find the string that will make the FX play on the bottom of a unit. I've tried "bottom" and "underneath" help would be appreciated greatly.

3. Can a special effect be rotated? Or atleast have it facing a different direction when you create it? And would it be possible to make say, the FX of Ressurection (the paladin spell) be horizontal instead of vertical?

4. Can trigger memory leaks be fixed in ROC? Without using custom script?

5. How is it possible to get custom spells and other TFT only features ROC combatible? The people who made DOTA and Doomsday's Stand apparently figured it out, and I would really like to know how it is done.

Edit: New questions!

6. How can I 'add' abilities to a hero through triggers? Even 'item' abilites?

7. Does the Long Rifles upgrade actually 'add' range the unit that uses it? Or does it just set it to a higher range, assuming that the unit using it has 400 range like the rifleman?

Edit2: New question! lol

8. Do the upgrades "Creatures Carapace", "Leather Armor", "Iron Plating" and so on just add 1 addtional armor to the unit that uses it each time it is upgraded? And if I made a unit use all 3 of these upgrades, and I set all of them so they are all researched to the fullest level, would the unit be given an additional 9 armor?

Reaction score
1. Hmm.. You would have to store every special effect in array. Then, when one unit dies, create a loop that would look something like
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 30, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Special Effect - Destroy Effect[Integer A]

2. It's called "origin"

3.Only if you change the model itself. Or, mae it a dummy unit. Units can be rotated, you know :rolleyes:

4.Not sure.

5. Don't know either

6. "Unit - Add ability"

7. Yes, it adds the range.

8. Interesting idea! As far as I rememeber, you can increase defence by a fixed on upgrade, or by value on unit (Unit - Defence upgrade, or something like that). I think effects would stack.

Outbreak191

Reaction score
5. You have to edit slk files with an MPQ editor and the spells you make must be completely jass. It really isn't worth the time and effort when TFT is so cheap.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Alright, thank you very much for that reply Afidamant! It was very helpful! :D
Im still waiting for an answer on #4, and just a little question, How much range does the upgrade "Long Rifles" add? I forget, and I dont have WC3 on this computer that Im using to post.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
You know what creats trigger leaks? Just try to avoid them by using the examples at the tutuorial on Memory leacks in the User Submitted section under WarCraft Tutorials in the navigation.

U

Unregister 2

1.Instead of adding special effects to the unit then deleting them (takes some triggering and causes links) just add a dummy icon-less item ability with the special effect(s).

U

Unregister 2

Sorry for double-post, but for some bizarre reason I can't edit my posts (do you need e-mail confirmation?)
Regardless, in my last post, by "links" I mean "leaks" and by "triggers" I mean "triggers".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.