Trigger:
  • EG
    • Event
      • Unit - A unit Start the effect of an ability
    • Condition
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frozen Orb
    • Actions
      • Set FZ_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 Frozen Orb Dummy For (Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Position of (Triggering Unit) facing Default building degress
      • Set FZ_Dummy = (Last Created Unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Frost Arrow<gen>
      • Wait 6 Seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Frost Arrow<gen>

Ok
I wan The Frost arrow will shoot around the Frozen Orb Per 0.10 second can?

if wan watch movie,the first of the Frozen Orb is on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJDT1A_e64

hopy

Reaction score
That's some REALY hard to trigger stuff mon. :p
Alright, I made something. I have no idea if it'll work or not, for I have not tested it yet.

What it's supposed to do:
Trigger 1:
- Sets Point2 as the place you casted your ability at.
- Sets Intreger 0.
- It creates a Frozen Orb.
- Sets Unit the Orb.
- Turns on the periodic trigger.
Trigger 2:
- Sets Intreger +1.
- Moves the Orb a bit closer to the targeted point.
- Creates a Dummy Unit.
- Makes the Dummy Unit cast Frost Bolt [Dummy].
- If the Frozen Orb is close to the final point it will be destroyed and turn off the periodic trigger.

Trigger:
  • Frost Orb Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Frost Orb
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Intreger = 0
      • Unit - Create 1 Frost Orb for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Frost Orb Periodic <gen>

Trigger:
  • Frost Orb Periodic
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Intreger = (Intreger + 1)
      • Set Point = (Position of Unit)
      • Set Point3 = (Point2 offset by ((Distance between Point and Point2) - 12.00) towards (Angle from Point2 to Point) degrees)
      • Unit - Move Unit instantly to Point3
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point3 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Frost Bolt [Dummy] to (Last created unit)
      • Set Point = (Point3 offset by 50.00 towards (36.00 x (Real(Intreger))) degrees)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Distance between Point2 and Point3) Less than or equal to 11.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Unit from the game
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point3)

Abilities:
- Frost Orb is the hero ability, based on any ability that has a point for a target (Shockwave, Flame Strike, Channel), I think Shockwave or Channel would be the best.
- Frost Bolt [Dummy] is a dummy ability based on Shockwave, just with a Frost Bolt animation.

Variables:
- Point is a Point variable (deuh), used for: Position of the caster, Position of the Orb, and a target location for Frost Orb [Dummy].
- Point2 is a Point variable, used for the Final area of the ability.
- Intreger is an intreger variable, used for angles and distances that change in the periodic trigger.
- Unit is a unit variable for the Frozen Orb.
- Point3 is a point variable used for the point the Orb has to move to every 0.1 seconds.

Other:
- (Point2 offset by ((Distance between Point and Point2) - 12.00) towards (Angle from Point2 to Point) degrees) may sound confusing, but it saved me from having to make another point variable (Point4?)... Yay for lazyness.
- If you want less frost bolts (lag? spam? overpowered?) just decrease the periodic timer (Every 0.10 seconds of game time), but increase the amount of distance traveled (Point2: blahblah -12) and the distance check (If: blahblah Less than or Equal to 11.00).
- If you want to decrease the movement speed decrease the amount of distance traveled (Point2: blahblah -12) and the distance check (If: blahblah Less than or Equal to 11.00).

It's not 100% the same as in the video; in the video the Frozen Orb is controlable and in my trigger it's a Dummy unit with locust that moves to a point and fires off Frozen Orbs. Also, I think the Frozen Orb pushes mobs back in the video, let me know if you want anything like this as well and I will change it.

Not MUI by the way.

(By the way: I've also replied to your other threat, called Flame, with some awnsers to the questions you asked there).

tanchunhung

Reaction score
I need Like video

If shockwave,that easy,if using Unit move?how??? That is very hard???I think that very hard,I'm not supportable in this Unit Move,Variable,Unit Move and other.

Gui and Mui what diffient?
I'm a normal editor,Im a student,im always do something bad skills.

hopy

Reaction score
If shockwave,that easy,if using Unit move?how??? That is very hard???
Only the Base spell is based on Shockwave and the small arrows are based on shockwave. If you want the orb to be controleable let me know, I think I have a way of doing this. However the above trigger should work fine as well, the only difference is that the orb isn't controlable and will only move in a straight line until it hits its target.

I think that very hard,I'm not supportable in this Unit Move,Variable,Unit Move and other.
I don't know what you mean by this, sorry. I have trouble reading your engish; usualy I can understand it but sometimes I haven't got a clue. My apologies for this.

====Edit====
Well, a controlable Orb isn't that much harder actualy, but I would have to create a whole new trigger, while for a straight line Orb I could just copie one of my own triggers and edit it a bit. :p Hurray for lazyness.
What you'd have to do for a controlable orb:
- Add an Expiration timer to the orb.
- Check it's position every time the Orb everytime the periodic trigger runs.
====/Edit====

Gui and Mui what diffient?

GUI = Graphical user interface. GUI is a type of user interface that allows users to interact with programs in more ways than typing. So basically it is more user friendly than a programming language.

MUI = Multi Unit Instanceability. It means that a multitude of units can cast the spell at the same time with no global variables overlapping and no bugs.

MPI = Multi Player Instanceability. It means that at least one unit from each player can cast a spell with no global overlapping and no bugs.
They are quite opposite. All that is MUI is MPI, but all that is MPI is not MUI.

You have:
GUI and Jazz.
Jazz is the triggers language and you basicly just type/program the whole function and stuff. It looks a bit like:
function IsNumeric takes string str returns boolean
local integer i = 0
local string s
loop
set s = SubString(str, i, i + 8)
exitwhen s == ""
if I2S(S2I(s)) != s then
return false
endif
set i = i + 8
endloop
return true
endfunction
(Copied from Advanced Strings by Darthfett, not made by me).

GUI is a simple version that Blizzard made that's easy to use so everyone can create a map. GUI is what you're using for your triggers; with the little menu's and drop bars.

MUI is something different, it just means if it's posible to cast a spell multiple times without bugging. For example:
Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Example
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing degrees

Example:
You have: Hero 1 (Player1) and Hero 2 (Player 2), Hero 1 is a Blademaster and Hero 2 is the Blood mage. Both of them have the ability "Example".

Usualy if hero 1 would use "Example" he would get a Footman at the point he's standing on afther waiting 2 seconds. But if hero 2 would cast "Example" while the 2 seconds wait (The 2 seconds Hero 1 had to wait) is not finished yet, the Point variable would be changed and the Footman would be created at the Point of Hero 2 instead of Hero 1.

So if you would cast "Example" while someone else is casting "Example" it would bug, Point will be changed while Hero 1 is still waiting.

Mainly things that ain't MUI are things with waits and such. There are ways to fix this although I'm only going to give a small example usable in some maps like mine.
Trigger:
  • Example
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Example
    • Actions
      • Set Point[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[Player number of (Owner of (Triggering Unit)))])

This would fix this. Both Hero 1 and Hero 2 would get their own Point in an array. Now if Player 1 would use "Example" his Footman would spawn at Point[1], and if Player 2 would use "Example" his Footman would spawn at Point[2].
This sollution however only works if every player has only 1 unit with this ability. If both Hero 1 and Hero 2 would be owned by player 1 both Footman would spawn at Point[1] so you'd need a different sollution.
For more information:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130608
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130608

Let me know if you want to Frozen Orb in the above trigger be controlable. I'll see if I can create a trigger for that.

tanchunhung

Reaction score
My ideal is lower than you,right?

My ideal is lower than you,right?Im 11 years old,are you old than me?

hopy

Reaction score
oi, im also a student. what'r u trying to say :/
My ideal is lower than you,right?Im 11 years old,are you old than me?

Bit off-topic?

@hopy
It's JASS (Just Another Scripting System) and not Jazz (Just Another Zee Zee?). xD

Someone actualy read all of it... Yea I know... kinda a fail, me and my friends used to call it Jazz for fun... I think it was clear enough though. :p

Had a bit of trouble thinking about stuff to say about JazzSS because I have no clue how it works actualy. xD I was planning on learning it but I'm not sure if I'll continue with my map or just finish it off fast, post it and forget it.

I had a look at your Dark Lady pack today, had a look at it, especialy that 4th ability and that damage system... but my face looked a bit like: :confused: 98% of the time... <,<

tanchunhung

Reaction score
11 years old

Im lazy to work,means I is a lazy student,my eng are worst,so at all eng thing i would hard to know...

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There's some amazing posts in this thread, and I don't even see you trying to appreciate the time these guys have dedicated to help you. Try harder to learn how to trigger, post the triggers that aren't working and re-read the instructions given to you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.