Show ally heroes without controlling them?

Nyrano

Reaction score
Hi,

In my map it is very important as a healer to keep the tank alive. Sadly, at some fights or whatsoever, the healer loses sight or gets targeting issues when trying to heal teammates.

If I set alliance to shared units and stuff, the ally heroes will be in the player's left side of the screen (where your own hero also is displayed). That is great for watching the health of your fellow teammates.
But the problem is that I want to let those ally hero icons show up at the left side of every player playing, without giving them the opportunity to control them.
Is that possible? Simple setting the Alliance to shared vision isn't gonna do the job...

If there is any better solution, please tell me. It's crucial in my map that the healer can do his job. :)

CAPSLOCKFTW

Reaction score
You can do this by creating double of your allies "Tank" heroes in an unused area, pausing them and giving them to the healer. You can see the doubles icons now. And if healer cast's a spell targeting a icon make a trigger that will make him cast it on the real "Tank". Its quite complicated, when u have multiple "Tanks" then the icons are identical but there was a way to control the heroes names so that you could make "Player 1 Hero" or something like that. For more realizm you can also level the doubles as the real players get levels so that icon level description would be accurate.

I can make an example but I don't have the time right now;) Maybe later I'll edit this when you didn't get the idea.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
You could also use a multiboard to display all player health values in the top right corner of the screen. That's how I usually do that sort of thing.

Nyrano

Reaction score
Well, Capslockftw... your idea seems ackward but if you are certain that it functions as you describe it's OK. Blow me away with your trigger. :)

CAPSLOCKFTW

Reaction score
I'll try :D. I require a few days of time tough ;).
(1.5days school, 0.5 days of getting somewhere where i can use wc3, 0.5 days to finnally start making it and 0.5 days to get it working :D)

//EDIT:Well i made it, haven't put in a death simulation trigger and if healer casts spell on icon it cast it on real tank. Didn't have time (weekend ends now :/). But if you familiarize yourself with this system enough, you can do it yourself. Maybe when i have more time ;D I do it myself but don't count on that yet :)
PS:The first triggers actions, conditions ans events depend on how your players pick their heroes in your map. Mine is just an example
Code:
Trigger:
  • Set the variables
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Healer_Pl[(Player number of (Owner of Healer 0000 <gen>))] = Healer 0000 <gen>
      • Set Tank_Pl[3] = Tank1 0001 <gen>
      • Set Tank_Pl[2] = Tank2 0017 <gen>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If ((Tank_Pl[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] is alive) Equal to True) then do (Player Group - Add (Owner of Tank_Pl[(Integer A)]) to PlayerswTanks) else do (Do nothing)
          • If ((Healer_Pl[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))] is alive) Equal to True) then do (Player Group - Add (Owner of Healer_Pl[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))]) to PlayerswHealers) else do (Do nothing)
      • Hashtable - Create a hashtable
      • Set Dub = (Last created hashtable)
      • Trigger - Turn on Picture system <gen>

Disabled at first:
Trigger:
  • Picture system
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of players in PlayerswHealers) Greater than or equal to 1
          • (Number of players in PlayerswTanks) Greater than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to ((Number of players in PlayerswHealers) + 1), do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • For each (Integer B) from 1 to ((Number of players in PlayerswTanks) + 1), do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    • If - Conditions
                      • ((Player((Integer A))) is in PlayerswHealers) Equal to True
                      • ((Player((Integer B))) is in PlayerswTanks) Equal to True
                      • (Tank_Pl[(Integer B)] is alive) Equal to True
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of Tank_Pl[(Integer B)]) for (Player((Integer A))) at (Random point in Doublereg <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
                      • Unit - Pause (Last created unit)
                      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Player number of (Player((Integer B))))
                      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to DoubleGroup
                      • Unit - Change color of (Last created unit) to (Color of (Player((Integer B))))
                      • Neutral Building - Turn special minimap icon Off for (Last created unit)
                      • Hashtable - Save Handle Of(Last created unit) as (Integer A) of (Integer B) in Dub
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing
          • Trigger - Turn on Select double <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on DoublePropertieHP <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on DoublePropertieMP <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on DoublePropertieLVL <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on DoublePropertieLearn <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn on DoublePropertieItem <gen>
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

I'm going to find out how to paste map here right now :D

EDIT2:This will be deleted from pastebin in a week
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/8z50co/_files/Ally Hero Icons.w3x
Still don't know how to put up attachments :)

EDIT3:Plz give credit when use!:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.