Reaction score
Ok so in my game theres going to be 5 professions
Healer
Necromancer
Archer
Warrior
*Random Support/Solo Guy

Anyways...
Each profession has 4 skills (30 levels each) and later has access to two skillbooks with 5 more skills each.

The Healer class i've already completed.

The warrior. Heres some skills i'm looking at using if i can get some aide:

Sharpened Blade:
Each level in this skill increases attack speed by 1.5%
Every 5 levels increases the amount of enemies you can hit in one attack by 1

No_Name_001:
You strike an enemy for (Strength level*2) : I tried doing it with triggers, but how can i make sure the user gets credit/gold for the enemies death...

No_Name_002:
You strike a group of enemies using the power of earth. These units are also slowed for x seconds... Based off earthquake most likely right?

No_Name_003:
Strikes an enemy for (Intel Level*2) Targeted unit also has a 50% chance to miss with attacks for x seconds.

Archer:
I have ideas for this one... For example I plan on using a feral beast-like skill to give access to a pet... But i kind of want him to be able to morph, the archer not the pet.

So...

Archer_Skill_001:

Summons a x level creature to fight alongside you in combat for x seconds

Archer_Skill_002:
This unit forms into a bear/wolf/tiger/something. This unit has increased speed/attack speed/health/etc. While under this form this units will start with max mana, but it will decrease slowly. When this unit reaches 0 mana, or if this unit deactivates this skill, it will revert back to the archer.

Archer_Skill_003:
This skill will be almost identical to my warrior skill, exept it wont allow multiple targets... In other words it just increases attack speed

Archer_Skill_004:
This unit applys poison to its arrows for x seconds. If these arrows hit an enemy unit, that unit takes damage over time for 3 seconds.

So theres the two professions i'm really gunna work on this weekend. If you can help me with any of the skills i'd appreciate it. Also if you have any ideas for any of the 4 uncompleted professions i still need some more skills.

Thanks. +rep to helpers.

Shura

Reaction score
For the second Warrior Ability, use the action Unit - Damage Target.
For the fourth Warrior Ability, do the same thing as with the second ability, and then have a Dummy unit cast Curse.
For the third Archer Ability, base the Ability off of Endurance Aura, and modify it so that it only affects the user.
For the last Archer ability, when the ability is cast, add a disabled Spellbook containing a modified Envenomed Spears for the duration of the ability.

Zalinian

Reaction score
Sharpened Blade:
This would have 2 seperate effects, one for the atk speed and one for the extra attack. The ability itself can be a passive that increase atk speed such as endurance aura(change range to 0, targets to self only, and set move speed bonus to 0). As for the second, I don't think theres a melee ability that allows hitting a specific number of extra targets(best you could get is cleave). So you would need to trigger UnitDamageTarget on a random enemy within a short range of the main target whenever the hero attacks. Unfortunately you can't easily determine your attack damage without using some sort of damage system (damage).

No_Name_002:
You can use a dummy unit to cast an ability based off frost nova. If you need a more specific slow % you can use the human spell slow and have it make a dummy unit and cast it for each enemy within the target range (A ForGroup type function).

Archer_Skill_001:
There are several summoning skills such as summon water elemental and feral spirit. Make a new unit for each level of the ability, and make them stronger with each level, and/or have it summon more as you level the ability up.

Archer_Skill_002:
This one is a bit trickey (I have done any transformation spells yet), and will require some serious custom scripts or JASS. You can try using an ability based off crow form or some other morphing method. SetUnitManaPercentBJ( 'unit' , 100 ) will give it 100% mana. For the mana drain, you can use SetUnitState( 'unit', UNIT_STATE_MANA, x) with x being equal to [units current mana] - [decrement value]. For the buffs(hp/atk speed/etc) you can add item bonus abilities such as: Item Attack Speed Bonus (from gloves of haste), Item Life Bonus, Item Damage Bonus, etc. then just remove them when the spell is over. You also need a function to check when the unit has 0 mana and then morph it back into the archer using the same morph method as earler.

Hope any of that helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.