"Small" problem opening patch installers.

Grommo

Reaction score
Hi! Im trying to install a patch for the game "STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl", ive tried all the patches there are ranging versions 1.0003 - 1.0006, but i cant get any of them to install properly.
(I know the patches ive downloaded are the right language and version etc (Worldwide version))

I can successfully install the 1.0001 patch, no problem there. But after that ive tried with the following without success - "1.0001 - 1.0003", "1.0003",
"1.0004" and "1.0005". And I didnt install the 1.0001 patch everytime, i tried to patch from 1.000 too, same result. I click the patch .exe's but after 0.5 secs the install crashes without any error messages and thats it... :banghead: So yes, i can actually see the process pop up in the Task manager tree, but it crashes mysteriously. I'm almost 100% this isnt my Firewalls fault (Comodo) because ive tried turning it off and shutting it down and adding the patch files to the "trusted files list".

Whats so weird is that ive been able to successfully install these patches before, 1.0005 very recently. But now ive reinstalled Stalker none of them (except 1.0001) works. And yes ive tried reinstalling Stalker again + redownloading the patches... :(

Help pleaaase!!!

Grommo

Reaction score
okay, as noone seems to be able to help me in the matter, the problem is maybe to vague, i have thought out an alternative. What if i actually could "deconstruct" the patch .exe? They are built with the freeware "Inno Setup" and therefore maybe i could somehow deconstruct the .exe to get the files it actually installs and place them myself, right? Please, i need help here ^^!

Grommo

Reaction score
ok, problem solved!!!!!! ;D Apparantly the patches didnt find the game, but no error message was shown so i couldnt know, right? Anyway, i put the patches in the gamefolder and they worked!! :thup: :thup: :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.