Sniper Rifle...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I found at least part of your problem. The trigger driving the spell has player comparisons. Look:

Code:
Shoot
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shoot 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        [COLOR="Red"]((Owner of (Casting unit)) Food used) Equal to 0[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="red"]Zoomed[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] [/COLOR]Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop
                Do nothing
            Else - Actions
                -------- Sniper Rifle --------
                Set CastingUnit = (Position of (Casting unit))
                Set ShootAngle = (Facing of (Casting unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Sniper Bullet for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at CastingUnit facing ShootAngle degrees
                Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Bullets
                Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Food used
                Custom script:      call RemoveLocation (udg_CastingUnit)
                Unit Group - Add (Casting unit) to Recoiled
                Camera - Shake the camera for (Owner of (Casting unit)) with magnitude 1.00

Oreo_clan

Reaction score
I think I found at least part of your problem. The trigger driving the spell has player comparisons. Look:

Code:
Shoot
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Shoot 
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                    Conditions
                        [COLOR="Red"]((Owner of (Casting unit)) Food used) Equal to 0[/COLOR]
                        [COLOR="red"]Zoomed[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] [/COLOR]Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Order (Casting unit) to Stop
                Do nothing
            Else - Actions
                -------- Sniper Rifle --------
                Set CastingUnit = (Position of (Casting unit))
                Set ShootAngle = (Facing of (Casting unit))
                Unit - Create 1 Sniper Bullet for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at CastingUnit facing ShootAngle degrees
                Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Bullets
                Player - Add -1 to (Owner of (Casting unit)) Food used
                Custom script:      call RemoveLocation (udg_CastingUnit)
                Unit Group - Add (Casting unit) to Recoiled
                Camera - Shake the camera for (Owner of (Casting unit)) with magnitude 1.00

That has nothing to do with why it isn't working. Unless he didn't make triggers to deal with them. I forgot how the trigger works, since I haven't looked at it in ages, but look at how you set it up. Look at it closely and see if it will really work for all players the way you set it up. If that doesn't work, I might look at the trigger and tell you what you should've done.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
Heres the link, if its ok to link a download from another site

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=20ebeb6bceeef89d0629c2a1504acd44

It takes 10 seconds to start the download.

ew, thats my map from a long time ago... while the filter was multiplayable it wasnt functionable. I had completed a working multiplayer one that was completely totally revamped from scratch but I had bought a new PC and im not sure if I still have it around anymore. Lemme look and see if I have any versions at all left over, complete or not I might be able to fix this for you.

Found an older version of the revamped one I never finished Ill put it up as soon as I can get it narrowed down to 400kb.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Heres the link, if its ok to link a download from another site

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=20ebeb6bceeef89d0629c2a1504acd44

It takes 10 seconds to start the download.

ew, thats my map from a long time ago... while the filter was multiplayable it wasnt functionable. I had completed a working multiplayer one that was completely totally revamped from scratch but I had bought a new PC and im not sure if I still have it around anymore. Lemme look and see if I have any versions at all left over, complete or not I might be able to fix this for you.

Found an older version of the revamped one I never finished Ill put it up as soon as I can get it narrowed down to 400kb.

Ok i have used that, but..

it gives me a compilation error in this line in the Trigger Bullet Move

Custom script: call MoveUnit(udg_Bullet,udg_Facing_Angle,udg_Distance)

At the final of the trigger..

EDIT: Founded :) it was on the custom script of the map o_O

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
is it doing it when u open the map unedited? Or when you are transfering triggers over to your map? If that is the case, you will have to copy and paste all the Jass scripts at the trigger selection where the name of the map is, if thats not the case Ill have a look at it when I get home.

0zaru

Learning vJASS ;)
Reaction score
Well, i tested it, and when we used zoom the game crash (Fatal ErroR)

here are the triggers..

Code:
Player Camera Copy
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Left_Group_Scope and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked player) is in Scope_Camera) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] Greater than or equal to 3.00
                            Then - Actions
                                Set Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] = 3.00
                            Else - Actions
                                Set Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] + 0.01)
                        Unit - Make Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))] face ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.00 seconds
                    Else - Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Right_Group_Scope and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked player) is in Scope_Camera) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] Greater than or equal to -3.00
                            Then - Actions
                                Set Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] - 0.01)
                            Else - Actions
                                Set Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))] = -3.00
                        Unit - Make Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))] face ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + Sensitivity[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.00 seconds
                    Else - Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in Normal_Camera and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        Normal_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                        Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\White_mask.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0 )
                        Custom script:  call SetUnitVertexColor(udg_Elite_Sniper[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())], 255, 255, 255, 225) 
                        Custom script:  if GetLocalPlayer() == GetEnumPlayer() then 
                        Custom script:  endif
                        Set Normal_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
                        Set Scope_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = False
                        Set Dead_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = False
                        Unit - Remove Shoot  from Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Unit - Add Knife  to Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                    Else - Actions
                Set Pan_Position = (Position of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked player) is in Left_Group_Normal) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + 90.00) over 0.25 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked player) is in Right_Group_Normal) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) - 90.00) over 0.25 seconds
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        ((Picked player) is in Down_Group_Normal) Equal to True
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) - 180.00) over 0.25 seconds
                                    Else - Actions
                                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.25 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 304.40 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to 500.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Far Z to 1000000000.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Field of view to 120.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 500.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Custom script:    call RemoveLocation (udg_Pan_Position)
        Player Group - Pick every player in Scope_Camera and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        Scope_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                    Conditions
                                        (In-game time of day) Greater than 18.00
                                        (In-game time of day) Less than 6.00
                            Then - Actions
                                Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Scope Filter Night.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0 )
                            Else - Actions
                                Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Scope Filter.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0 )
                        Custom script:  call SetUnitVertexColor(udg_Elite_Sniper[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())], 255, 255, 255, 0) 
                        Set Scope_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
                        Set Normal_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = False
                        Unit - Remove Knife  from Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                        Unit - Add Shoot  to Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                    Else - Actions
                Set Pan_Position = (Position of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))])
                Custom script: set udg_LocZ=GetLocationZ(udg_Pan_Position)
                Camera - Lock camera target for (Picked player) to Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))], offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.05 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 360.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to (100.00 + LocZ) over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Field of view to 20.00 over 0.01 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 0.00 over 0.00 seconds
        Player Group - Pick every player in Dead_Camera and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        Dead_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
                    Then - Actions
                        Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\DiagonalSlash_mask.blp",  100.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 100.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )
                        Custom script:  call SetUnitVertexColor(udg_Elite_Sniper[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())], 255, 255, 255, 0) 
                        Set Dead_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
                    Else - Actions
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 45.00 over 1.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to 50.00 over 0.00 seconds
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 0.00 over 0.00 seconds

Code:
Zoom
    Events
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Zoom 
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of (Casting unit)) is in Normal_Camera) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to 0.00
                Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Casting unit)) from Normal_Camera
                Player Group - Add (Owner of (Casting unit)) to Scope_Camera
                Unit - Make (Casting unit) face ((Facing of (Casting unit)) + 0.00) over 0.00 seconds
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Owner of (Casting unit)) is in Scope_Camera) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Casting unit))
                        Player Group - Remove (Owner of (Casting unit)) from Scope_Camera
                        Player Group - Add (Owner of (Casting unit)) to Normal_Camera
                    Else - Actions
                        Do nothing

Again i think that is a multiplayer thing..

i think that the error is between these>
Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in Normal_Camera and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Normal_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\White_mask.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0 )
                Custom script:  call SetUnitVertexColor(udg_Elite_Sniper[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetEnumPlayer())], 255, 255, 255, 225) 
                Set Normal_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Picked player) is in Left_Group_Normal) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) + 90.00) over 0.25 seconds
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked player) is in Right_Group_Normal) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) - 90.00) over 0.25 seconds
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Picked player) is in Down_Group_Normal) Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to ((Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) - 180.00) over 0.25 seconds
                            Else - Actions
                                Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.25 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 304.40 over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to 500.00 over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Distance to target to 500.00 over 0.00 seconds

Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in Scope_Camera and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Scope_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                            Conditions
                    Then - Actions
                        Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Scope Filter Night.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0 )
                    Else - Actions
                        Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\Scope Filter.blp",  100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0, 100.0, 100.0, 100.0, 0.0 )
                Set Scope_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
                Unit - Remove Knife  from Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
                Unit - Add Shoot  to Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]
            Else - Actions
        Custom script: set udg_LocZ=GetLocationZ(udg_Pan_Position)
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Rotation to (Facing of Elite_Sniper[(Player number of (Picked player))]) over 0.05 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 360.00 over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to (100.00 + LocZ) over 0.00 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Field of view to 20.00 over 0.01 seconds

Code:
Player Group - Pick every player in Dead_Camera and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
            If - Conditions
                Dead_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Custom script: call CinematicFilterGenericForPlayer( GetEnumPlayer(), 1.0, BLEND_MODE_BLEND, "ReplaceableTextures\\CameraMasks\\DiagonalSlash_mask.blp",  100.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 100.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )
                Set Dead_Filter[(Player number of (Picked player))] = True
            Else - Actions
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Angle of attack to 45.00 over 1.00 seconds
        Camera - Set (Picked player)'s camera Height Offset to 50.00 over 0.00 seconds

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
remove this from the first table of code you pasted:

Code:
                            If - Conditions
                                    Conditions
                            Then - Actions

And put this code thats in the else action to the then action of where you just removed the above:
Code:

Also in the same thing on the fourth table you pasted. If you still have trouble ill reopen the map and look at it. It is a real mess the way it is now.

That will take out the night vision version at night as I forgot that I had removed the filter from the map for size. That should fix it. The last table of code is just when you die it makes the screen red and u fall backwards to the ground like your dead so that trigger isnt doing anything to effect fatal error. Im pretty sure its just the night vision script trying to use an unexistant filter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.